Eddie Kaspbrak

NERVES

A wreck is what he was. Sweat rolled down the back of his neck, his breath was uneven, and he frantically searched for his inhaler before anything else fell apart. Eddie had never been so nervous in his life, but now meant everything or it meant nothing, because he only imagined a future with you. He couldn't imagine anything besides that.

The little velvet box remained in his jacket pocket, adding weight to his nerves the longer it stayed there. You were running a bit late to the date he called together, a romantic dinner for two that was set on the rooftop of his loft. Edison lights were strung up orderly, classical music played softly in the background, and expensive unscented candles lit the table where the two of you would dine.

He began to grow anxious as more minutes passed without your appearance, until finally the elevator chimed and you stepped out. His face lit up in an instant. The man never cared to hide how desperate he was for you, rushing over and engulfing you into a tight embrace. "Oh, I'm excited to see you too, hon." You tell him, wrapping your arms around his waist.

"I was getting a bit worried." He admits sheepishly, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "I— uh, chicken. I made chicken. Is that alright?"

"Of course, silly." You kiss the tip of his nose and smile, moving yourself to put down your things. "You seem nervous. Should I be concerned? Is it something to do with work, because you know I will call—"

"No, no. No work talk at dinner, please. Tonight is just us, love." Eddie walks to the table where everything was already set, pulling out your chair for you. You sit down and scoot in while he situates himself on the opposite side of you.

His nerves could only get the best of him. Eddie would be surprised if the back of his button-up wasn't drenched in his sweat by this point. Though he smiled and tried to hide it the best he could, you felt his leg bouncing rapidly from underneath the table. Quickly, you grew even more suspicious. Instead of calling him out again, you began to eat the meal he prepared specially for this night.

"Have you ever thought about kids?" He asks abruptly, causing you to choke on your food. "Oh baby, I'm sorry— I didn't mean to make you do that. That was a dumb question. Shit, fuck, shit." He curses under his breath, wondering just how many times he was going to mess up before the night was over.

You clear your throat and shake your head, "Don't worry about it, Eds. You just caught me off-guard, is all." You laugh it off and meet his cautious eyes. Swiftly you move your hand across the table and put it over his. He immediately melts at your touch, "If something is wrong, I would like to know."

"Nothing is wrong. I'm just nervous. I'm scared I'm going to ruin everything." He chokes out, reaching his other hand into his jacket pocket.

"How could you ruin anything?" Quietly, he pulls out the box and you instantly catch on. "Oh, my God. Eddie, is that—"

"I want to be with you forever, Y/N. I don't see any future without you in it. If you don't want to marry me, I get—"

"Are you freaking kidding me? Of course I'll marry you, you stupid doofus! I love you so much!" You stand from your chair so fast that it falls back, but you don't mind it as you lean over the table and take his face in your hands. He closes the gap between you rather quickly, attaching his lips to yours.

When you separate, he has a goofy grin on his face. "I was so nervous. I thought you would say no." Eddie opens the box and takes the ring out, sliding it onto your finger. He's so excited that he just kisses you again. Although it didn't happen the way he anticipated several times, the outcome was all that he could wish for and more.

[AN]
I like the "5 plots, your character choice" thing, so I think I might do these more.