Chapter 11

My Hero - Chapter 11

I didn't think that I would have missed out on so much in just a few days. I guess while Liam and I were trapped in the well, Scott was going to help Garret free Violet, but berserkers came and took Violet and killed Garret. Then Kate killed Violet.

Then yesterday there was another assasin who weponized some sort of canine distemper and it was set pretty much just to kill Scott, Kira and Malia. It caused them to lose control on their shifts so they locked themselves in the Hale vault.

Stiles told me that when he figured out how the thing was spread to everyone the assasin was going to kill him, but Agent McCall got there and I guess you can say he stopped him.

Stiles also told me something kind of crazy, Peter is Malia's dad. He said he gave her his sweatshirt before he left and the dead pool with her real name on it was in the pockets and she saw it. So that was the reason she ignored me in the halls. She was obviously mad and probably felt betrayed by all of her friends, but maybe she thought I knew about it too.

I was allowed to officially go home today. Melissa did a really good job at hiding the fact that I wasn't even there. Although, I left the hospital only to have to go back later.

~~~~~

Scott has this crazy and totally stupid plan to try to find out who the benefactor is. We're going to do it tonight and scared doesn't even cover what I'm feeling right now.

I was in my room thinking about everything when there was a knock on my door and Stiles walked in "Come on. We gotta go."

I sigh and grab my laptop "This is so stupid. Couldn't you guys think of something better?"

"You don't have to do this" he said.

"Like I'm gonna do that" I said walking past him

The ride to Scott's house we didn't really talk. I didn't know what would be approprite to talk about with what's gonna go down in like an hour, so we sat there in silence.

Stiles broke that silence "Are you sure you want to do this? I can turn around and take you back home."

"You asked me how many times now? My answer will always be the same, I want to help any way I can." I said

He sighed "I don't like this. You've already gotten hurt, and you're technically still recovering. I don't want anything else to happen to you." he said as we pulled up to Scott's house.

"I don't want anything happening to you either. Did you forget that you were almost killed the other day. If it wasn't for Scott's dad you wouldn't even be here right now." I said and got out of the car and walking towards the house.

I walk in and see that Kira and Liam were already here and they were standing by the table. I walk over and put my laptop on the table. Stiles walked in and stood next to Scott, we looked at eachother but we both looked away.

"Are you guys okay?" Scott asked

"Yeah." I said "We're fine"

"Is three enough?" Kira asked changing the subject.

"Depends on how many cameras they have, but I think so" Stiles said.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam asked.

"We're doing this." I sighed "Tonight"

"Isn't this kind of dangerous?" He asked

"It's incredibly dangerous" Stiles said "And borderline idiotic"

"Have you guys done something like this before" Liam asked

"Something danerous? Or something idiotic?" I asked

"I think that's a yes to both" Kira said

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to" Scott said.

"I'm not scared" Liam said

"Then you're borderline idiotic" Stiles said patting Liam on the back.

"If we do this we don't know what's coming for us. You know that right?" Stiles said.

"How do we even know something is definetly coming?" I asked

"Cause the tape in Garret's bag said visual confirmation is required." Scott said

"Simon's said the same thing" Stiles said "You can't get paid from the benefactor until you have proof that you guys are dead"

"The idea is" Scott said "What if you kill someone on the dead pool but you can't send the proof?"

"You don't get paid" Kira said

"How does that get us any closer to the benefactor?" Liam asked

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead" Scott said

"Especially if it's someone high on the list" Stiles added

"So if he wants visual confirmation" Liam started

"He's going to have to get it himself" I said

~~~~~

We were in Scott's room getting ready for his "death". I'm sitting in the corner of the room and Liam is pacing around the room.

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" He asked obviously worried.

"I think Liam's nervous" Kira said "Sarah, maybe you should tell him it's going to be alright"

"I'd be lying" I said not looking at them.

"So, you've done this before right?" Liam asked Kira's mom.

"I"ve seen it done" she said

"Is that just as good?" He asked

"No" she said

"Mom" Kira hissed "You're not inspiring confidence"

"Good. This is a terrible idea" her mom said.

"I've been telling them that all day" I said. Then Liam came and sat down next to me.

"Do you want us to do this without you?" Kira said to her mom. Her mom seemed slightly taken back, but she did her best to hide it.

"Put your hand over his heart" her mom told her. Kira did as she was told, but right as she was about to do it Scott grabbed her wrist.

"Wait" he said "What happens while I'm out? Am I gonna feel anything?"

"It might feel like your dreaming" Kira's mom told him.

"Good dreams or bad?" He asked.

"I suppose that depends on you" she said to him.

Then Kira put her hand on Scott's chest, sparks started appearing and Scott started panting. I didn't notice that I started to cry until Liam pulled me into him. I can still hear him gasping for air and it made everything worse for me.

When everything got quiet I looked up and saw Scott's motionless body. I stood up and walked towards the door and looked back at everyone.

"I'll go call 9-1-1" I said.

This plan better work.