Chapter 3

My Hero – Chapter 3

After class I head towards the bleachers to meet Kira and Maila. I have my sheet music with me in case I get bored or if Malia starts annoying me.

When I get there the players are running around the track. It was no surprise to me that Stiles was the last one and when he finished he looked like he was about to pass out.

I shake my head and start to work more on my sheet music. "Alright what's wrong?" I hear Malia say.

"What?" I asked looking up.

"Not you. Her." She said pointing at Kira.

"Me? Nothing." Kira answered.

"You reek of anxiety, not as much as her," she said pointing to me then shutting her textbook. "But it's distracting. What's going on?"

"Scott and I sort of had this thing happen. But it wasn't much of a thing. And I'm starting to think it never was anything at all." Kira explained.

"Well, what do you want it to be?" I asked

"More." She said.

Then all the players were back on the field. Stiles picked up the ball and threw it to the goal. The goalie didn't even have to move to catch the ball. I groaned at how horrible he was.

Then it was Liam's turn. He threw it to the goal and scored. "Yes!" coached yelled. I smiled and cheered which made Stiles look at me and glare, but Liam looked at me and smiled.

After that was Scott's turn. He picked up the ball and threw it, but it hit one of the sides of the goal.

"Nice McCall" Garret laughed.

"Hey Garret," Stiles called out. "Shut up."

As they kept going Liam scored goal after goal. And Scott and Stiles kept missing goal after goal.

"Isn't the captain supposed to be one of the best players? Or good?" Kira asked.

"You would think" I mumbled.

"McCall and Stilinski, grab the long sticks. You're covering goal for two-on-ones. Let's go! Line up! Coach yelled and everyone went to their positions.

Scott and stiles were supposed to defend the goal. When Garret started running Scott made his stick fall out of his hands.

"That's my boys! Those two are like sons to me." Coach yelled.

"Yes" Kira yelled as we stood up.

The next one didn't make it either, Scott and Stiles knocked him down.

"That's how you do it. That's hot it's done!" Coach yelled

They chest bumped each other which caused Stiles to fall to the ground.

Next up was Liam. I was a little nervous, he's smaller that Scott and Stiles and I felt like he could easily get hurt. He started running and stiles tried to block his way but he failed miserably. Scott tried to knock his stick out of his hand but that also failed. Liam threw the ball and scored. Well, that was a bit weird.

"That was luck!" Malia angrily yelled

"Oh no" I groaned

"Do-over" she yelled.

"Sweetheart, there are no do overs, this is practice." Coach yelled back.

"Ten bucks on Scott and Stiles." She said

"I'll take that action. Hey! Get back in there Liam!" coach said.

Liam went back and began running. He dodged Stiles but Scott flipped him over and he landed on his leg.

I swear I could hear the crack from where I was sitting. I gasped and ran over to where they were.

"Don't move! Don't touch him!" coach yelled running to him.

"I'm okay coach. I'm alright." Liam said trying to stand up. Which only caused him to fall back down; thankfully Scott and Stiles caught him.

"It's my leg." He said clearly in pain.

"I think we better get him to the nurse." Stiles said. He and Scott started walking to the nurse's office and I followed

~~~~~

After going to the nurse we decided to take Liam to the hospital. When we got there we immediately see Scott's mom. She took Liam away in a wheelchair and left the three of us there.

"I got to get going. I promised Malia I'd help her study. Sarah you want to stay here?" Stiles asked. I nodded.

Scott was standing there looking guilty. "Hey. This wasn't your fault." I told him softly.

"I don't know." He mumbled

"Scott, if you used any wolf power that kid wouldn't be limping, he'd be crawling, back to the other half of his body" Stiles said.

"If I hadn't been so worried about being captain he wouldn't be hurt either" Scott said still blaming himself.

After a bit of trying to convince Scott that this wasn't his fault Stiles left. Scott and I were waiting by Liam's room when his phone rang. Right as he walked away Mama McCall walked out of Liam's room.

"Sarah, you can go in there and keep Liam company until the doctor gets here." She said smiling.

I thank her and walk into the room. Liam looks up from his swollen leg and smiles "Hey"

"Hey. How are you feeling?" I asked sitting in a chair next to his bed.

He shrugged "I've been better. They say it might be a sprain, it might be broken but they won't know without an x-ray." He said sadly "It looks really bad thought doesn't it?"

"Honestly, I've seen worse than a broken leg" I said shuddering at some memories.

"Let's change the subject. So when am I going to get to hear you play that song on the piano?" He asked smiling at me.

I chuckle "I promise you as soon as you get better and I find a piano that's in tune, I will play you that song."

"It's a date then" he said kind of goofy, grabbing my hand.

"If that's what you want to call it." I said confirming and squeezing his hand

Liam looked like he was about to say something but then there was a knock on the door and a doctor comes in. "I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" he asked smirking at us.

Liam groaned "No dad, you didn't."

I stood up "I need to go see where Scott went. I'll see you later Liam" I waved

"Bye Sarah" he said.

As I was walking I hear screaming. I run down the hall to see mama McCall on the floor covered in blood and she looked absolutely terrified

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I asked running up to her. I stayed with her for maybe fifteen minutes, then my phone buzzed.

Scott: Stiles is going to pick you up. I'll explain when you get to my house.

Less than five minutes later stiles picked me up and we were on our way to Scott's house.

"What do you think he did?" I asked

"I don't know, but knowing Scott, It can't be good." He sighed.

I groaned. Can't we just have one good day?