Chapter 13

My Hero - Chapter 13

 So here we are. Stiles and Lydia dragged me along to the police station to talk to my uncle.

 "It's not just that she could be alive" Stiles said following his dad to his office.

 "Its that she would've faked her death" Lydia said.

 "Your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her own death?" my uncle asked.

"Definitely" Stiles said

"Maybe" Lydia said

"More than likely, yes" Stiles said

"I'm guessing you have a story to back this up" my uncle said

"She might be helping the benefactor" Lydia said

"Or is the benefactor" Stiles said

"Sounds like a story worth hearing" My uncle said and closed the door.

"We might need Parish for this" Lydia said

My uncle opened the door "Anybody seen Parish?" he looked around "Haigh?"

"Haven't seen him" Haigh said.

He came back in and looked at us "I guess he isn't here." he said "Before we start talking about all this, Sarah."

"What?" I asked. "If I'm in any kind of trouble, Stiles made me do it." I said pointing at my cousin.

"Hey!" Stiles said

My uncle chuckled and went behind his desk and pulled an envelope out of a drawer. "You're not in trouble. And trust me if you were I would automatically blame Stiles and Scott."

"I feel so loved" Stiles said sarcastically.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"I never gave you your birthday present" he said.

"You know I didn't want anyone to get me anything" I groaned.

"Yeah but I knew you would love it so I got it, or well them. And I kind of can't return them" he said.

I was going to take it but then there were gun shots. We look outside and there is a very dirty looking Parish beating up Haigh.

My uncle had his gun out and raised it at them. Then a shot went off and he was on the ground. Stiles and I immediately went to help him, but couldn't help but stare in shock as Parish kept on punching Haigh.

*****

Now stiles and I are in a hospital room with my uncle.

"Alright Mr. Stilinski" a doctor said

"Sheriff" Me and Stiles said at the same time.

He looked up at us "Sheriff Stilinskii, I've got you scheduled for surgery first thing in the morning. Unfortunately it's going to take some digging to get that slug out of your shoulder."

"That's fine" my uncle said "One more" he said waving over the doctor. "What's this part here?

"Patient responsibility" the doctor said "Part of the procedure and hospital stay not covered by the insurance"

"Are those big parts? Expensive parts? He asked.

"That's between you and your insurance unfortunately" the doctor said "You should start feeling the morphine in a minute. Try to get some rest Mr. - Sheriff." he said and walked out of the room.

Me and Stiles were left standing in front of him looking kind of nervous and worried. Sadly we both have a habit of biting our nails when we're worried.