Chapter 19

My Hero - Chapter 19

We all piled into Stiles' jeep and went to meet Derek and Braeden at a warehouse. They pulled up in this huge van.

"How'd you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked.

Braeden shrugged. "I'm a U.S. marshall"

"I thought that was just a cover" I said. She just looked blankly at us.

"You're really bringing them" Derek said gesturing to me and Liam.

"Are we really bringing him" Stiles asked pointing at Peter.

"We're bringing everyone that we can" Peter said. "And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going"

"What's that mean?" Malia asked.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?"

"She wants to make him younger?" Liam asked confused.

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf" Derek said.

"A werewolf can't steal a true alpha's power, but maybe a Nagual jaguar with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her, maybe she can." Peter said. "So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going."

"We can't" Stiles said. "Not without Lydia"

~~~~~

Stiles is pacing around the room trying to call Lydia, but so far has received no luck.

"What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek asked.

"We've got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent." Malia said holding up the katana.

"Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker." I said.

"Nothing" Stiles said walking back to us.

"She has a car, she can catch up to us" Braeden said.

"That's a good point. We'll call from the road" Peter said.

"No, what if something happened? What if she's in trouble?" Stiles asked.

"Fine" Peter said. "You stay. You find her. We're gonna go on without you."

"I can call Mason" Liam said. "He has a study group at school. Maybe he can look for her."

Stiles thought for a second. "Alright, fine."

We all walked to the car. Derek stopped me. "Are you sure about this?"

"I'm going" I said sternly.

"Not that." He said. "I mean, do you really want to sit in this car with Liam on a full moon?"

"I'll be fine" I assured him.

"I don't have my powers. I don't have my strength" he reminded me. "If he loses control, I can't protect you."

"It'll be okay" I said. He gave me an uneasy look, but didn't say anything else.

"Remember what we're dealing with here" Peter spoke up "It's not just Kate. It's berserkers. You may see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume there is any humanity left."

"Ah. This little one is terrified of them" he said looking at Liam "Aren't you?"

"Don't worry my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive."

"A reminder to everyone. You do not fight berserkers, to survive. You fight to kill."

~~~~~

Derek and Stiles had Liam handcuffed to the back. "All good?"