Chapter 20

My Hero - Chapter 20

The past couple of weeks have been great. Everything finally went back to normal. We got to forget about the assassins, Kate Argent, and Peter Hale. I've also been spending a lot more time with Liam.

It's Friday afternoon, and I lost just about everyone. I saw them all at school today, but when the day ended I couldn't find anyone. That kind of sucked because Stiles was my ride home.

I walked to my locker a bit frustrated and I emptied out most of my backpack.

"Sarah!" I heard someone call out. I turn around and see the familiar strawberry blonde girl running towards me.

"Hey Lydia. Do you know where Stiles is?" I asked closing my locker.

"Yeah, about that. You're coming to my house for a bit. Stiles and your uncle know about this already. Okay?"

"Okay" I said a bit skeptically.

When we get to her house she dragged me up to her room. "What are you doing?" I asked her

"Hold up" she said running to her closet and pulled out a box with wrapped in wrapping paper with a bow. "Here"

"What's that?"

"Well, your birthday was a little, um, overwhelming for you, and we were all occupied with trying not to get killed the past few weeks. So I never got a chance to give you your present. Happy Belated Birthday!" She said handing me the box.

"Lydia, you know I didn't want anything" I groaned and sat on her bed with the box on my lap.

"I know, but since when do I listen to people? Open it." she said with a little force.

I pulled the bow off and stuck it on my forehead (a little habit I never grew out of). I unwrapped the box and opened it to reveal a cute floral dress.

I smiled "This is really cute. It's not my style, but it's cute. Thank you Lydia."

"You are very welcome. Now go put it on" she said pushing me towards her bathroom.

I quickly changed out of my clothes and put the dress on. As I said before it's a really cute dress. It fits perfectly and stops mid thigh. I walk out of the room and show her.

"You look great" she said.

"Thanks, but this doesn't really feel like me" I said.

"That's why I bought some things to give this a little touch of you" she said grabbing a Macy's bag and pulled out a pair of black combat boots and a black leather jacket.

"That's perfect!" I said as she handed them to me. I put them on and looked at myself in the mirror. "I look amazing." I whispered to myself.

"Yes you do, now let's go" she said dragging me out of the room.

"What about my things?"

"It's Friday. We don't have school tomorrow and you can get them sometime over the weekend." she said. "Now let's go!"

"Okay calm down! I'm right behind you!" I said following her to her car.

"Where are we going" I asked her as she drove.

"You'll see soon." she said simply. I sighed defeated because I know she won't say anything else.

A few minutes later we pulled up to my house. "What are we doing here?"

"You'll see. Come on."

We both walked up to the door. For some reason the door was unlocked and we walked in.