Chapter 12

My Hero - Chapter 12

Everyone decided that I would ride in the ambulance with Scott, and it was hectic. I didn't even want to look at him because he really did look dead.

When we got to the hospital I followed them to a room but I wasn't allowed to go in, not like I would want to anyways. I knew they would try to revive him, and they would fail.

Liam's step-dad came out and looked at me "I'm sorry Sarah" was all he managed to say. Then he walked away, probably to go tell Melissa about Scott.

I was right. I could hear Melissa crying and screaming "What happened to my son?!"

I walked down the hall a little and saw her on the floor crying. I ran over to her and hugged her. When she stopped crying I helped her get up and we made our way to the morgue.

When we get there we walk in and stand next to Scott's body. "I still hate this plan." she said.

"Yeah, me too" I said quietly.

"I mean this is pretty significantly terrifying. He looks dead" she said looking up at everyone else in the room.

"Give me your hand" Kira's mom told Melissa. She looks at Stiles who nodded at her, hesitantly she did and Kira's mom placed her hand on Scott's chest.

"Wait for it" Kira's mom said. I guess she is just showing Melissa that Scott is technically still alive.

"Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?" Melissa asked.

"Enough for an Alpha" Kira's mom said.

"How much time do we have?" Melissa asked.

"Forty five minutes"

"What happens after that?" she asked again.

"I bring him back the same way" Kira said.

"No, I mean what happens if he stays like this for more than forty five minutes?"

"No one's told her" Kira's mom asked us.

"What? What happens after forty five minutes?" Melissa asked starting to panic a little.

"He dies"

~~~~~

Melissa put us in an empty room. We put all the laptops on the bed and set up all of the cameras. Now we just have to wait.

Then one of the cameras started flashing and gliching. "Is that supposed to look like that?" Liam asked.

"No. It's not" Stiles said.

"Where is that at?" I asked.

"The roof" Stiles said. "Someone's gonna have to go check it out."

"I'll go" Kira said.

"Whoa, whoa." Stiles said stopping her "This might not just be a malfunction"

"That why I'm bringing this" Kira said showing us her katana and walked out of the room.

"I'm coming with you" Liam said and ran out the door.

"Okay. You're coming right back. Immediately!" Stiles called out to them "Kids" He sighed.

"I still think this is a very bad idea" I said. "What if something goes wrong? What if that thing with the camera is something bad and Kira and Liam get hurt? Or more importantly, what if Scott dies?"

Stiles walked up to me and wrapped me in a hug. "I would say that everything's going to be okay, but I know you won't believe me."

"I'm sorry about earlier in the jeep." I said quietly and I felt some tears slip down my cheeks "I was just scared"