Chapter 35 (Neil and Todd)

Neil had gotten all of Todd's work from his classes and went home. He saw no need to stay in his classes since Todd was obviously the smartest kid in his school. He decided to text his little gold fish. 

[N] Hey babez, where are you right now? I hope it's at home. You are in so much fucking trouble. But I love you~
[T] Gee, thanks Neil. I love you too and yes I am at home. Why? Are you staying home today? I thought you were going out.
[N] I was until someone got into a fight today.
[T] She deserved everything that she got today. She was being a bitch, Neil.
[N] Hey! We don't call our friends that name! I don't care if you're joking or not. That's so disrespectful.

Todd didn't text Neil back and he sighed. He got back into his car and drove all the way back home. Opening the door and walking into Todd's room.

"What do you have to say about yourself?" Neil said to Todd. Todd had returned to his bed and remained the sad sack that Larry had seen before.

"Nothing besides Ash being a bitch." He said.

"Dude! We don't call our friends that name! Just because we are gay doesn't give us the right to be like that to girls!" Neil yelled at Todd. He knew that Ash had to have done something to piss Todd off to that extent, but ever since Todd had gotten back from the Addison Apartments, he hasn't been himself. 

"Todd, babe, I can't help you if you don't talk to me." Neil calmly said as he set Todd's work down on the desk, "Talk to me babe." He said as he pulled the blankets back from Todd. He was laying there and crying.

"She said you should've died to see what it felt like. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to." And he just kept repeating the same words over and over again.

"I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to." 

Then he changed it as he cried harder and sobbed louder. He was hurting so much right now and only Neil could see it.

"I didn't want to. I didn't want to. I didn't want to."

Neil held onto Todd and let him cry into his chest. He was making his shirt wet from all the tears he was shedding but Neil didn't say anything. He wanted his boyfriend to cry and let all his emotions out. He didn't know this Todd. This Todd was hiding things from him. This Todd was being a gay prick. But he wasn't about to say that all to him. He just wanted to comfort him right here and now. He wanted to figure out what was happening. What happened for him to behave like this. 

"Shhh, it's ok babe. I'm here and I am never going to leave you ok?" Neil said as Todd nodded. He sniffled and was taking deep breaths. His crying was finally beginning to die down a bit, "I am ready to listen when you are to talk." Neil finally said. But Todd just said those two things again.

"I didn't mean to. I didn't want to, Neil. I didn't want to but I was so scared."

"You didn't want to fight?" Neil said. He was confused but didn't want to ask too many questions. He just wanted to listen and comfort the little gold fish. 

"N-No. After Ash said what she did, I wanted to fight her. We are friends, but I didn't like she had said that about you." 

"Babe, I understand your anger, but what did you say to her for her to say that about me?" Neil started, "Ash has never had a problem with me, but I need to understand what happened for all this to happen." 

Todd took a deep breath and told Neil the story about Ash bombarding him with questions and then the hurtful questions and answers came up.

"I told her that I understood she was hurting. Her S.O. had fallen from a window and was in the hospital. That sucks. I told her I understood but she didn't need to be a bitch about it. How none of this fighting was helping Zhaen right now." Todd said as he took a deep breath and paused. Thinking about how much he should be telling Neil right now.

"And? What did you say? Babe, I won't tell them anything you are telling me. Nothing ever leaves this room and you know it." Neil reassured Todd as he continued.

"She yelled at me when I looked over at her. She was being very rude to me. So I told her that she damn well didn't get to yell at me. I told her that I didn't wanna go to the hospital to see Zhaen because I felt too bad to see her. I-I..." Todd felt a lump in his throat and tears flood his eyes, "I told her that I knew she tried to kill her the night before..." Todd said as tears streamed down his face.

"What? What do you mean Ash tried to kill her, and how did you know? Todd?!" Neil knew better then to question Todd but Todd ignored him and continued.

"She asked me how I knew that then continued to say it was an accident. How the hell do you accidentally unplug someone's life source?!" Todd yelled. He was angry because he knew that what he tried never should have happened and he felt bad for it. But if Ash tried to do it then she failed and continued to be mad at Todd for the same shit she tried to pull and fail.

"Th-Then I told her that maybe Zhaen deserved to die. She had already almost died twice so maybe it was fate's fucked up way of telling us this.." Todd said as Neil had gotten up. He didn't know what to do with this new information. He knew that for a fact, if Todd was telling him this then Ash sure as hell wasn't going to include this information. 

"I went on to tell her that Zhaen hasn't done anything for us. That she had put us all in more danger and that even Ash tried killing her herself. I told her that we both failed at that but I don't think she understood me because then she yelled that she hoped you died next so I knew how it would feel." Todd was now sobbing again. He held his head and cried and cried and cried. He didn't want any of this to happen and yet it did. He didn't know why this had to happen to him. He has never done anything wrong and he just wanted to be happy with Neil.

"What do you mean you both failed. Todd? I thought she fell." Neil said as he sat back down. Opening his arms to hold his boyfriend. Todd hugged Neil and he shook his head.

"I didn't mean to do it Neil. I didn't want to do it, but I did and I did it to protect you from it."

"What did you do babe? I promise I won't be mad. I will always love you. I just want you to stop bottling it up inside. I just want to help you get through this." Neil said as he kissed the top of Todd's head.

"I didn't mean to push her from the window, I didn't want to push Zhaen. But I had to. The demon said if I didn't then he would kill you. I wanted to protect you. I didn't want to hurt anyone but he made me."

"What demon? Todd, who are you talking about?"

"The red-eyed demon, the one from Addison Apartments."