Chapter 18

They had all walked back to the apartments. They  were tired and Sal needed to check to see if Zhaen had broken anything in Larry's face.

"Dude, I think you are all good. You just need this ice pack. You're lucky she didn't break anything." Sal threw an ice pack at Larry which made the already sitting Larry fall backwards. Everyone laughed.

"I know right, also, OW YOU FUCK NUGGET!!!" Larry raises a finger and swivels it around, "Maybe I didn't scare her good enough."

Zhaen got up and looked down at Larry, "I could show you what a real punch is, if you are so curious. Or you could ask Travis what it feels like and just look at him to see what it looks like." Larry was quiet for a moment before pulling the girls' hair.

"You know if you beat me up Sal would never forg-Oh my garshmellow! What the hell do you use in your hair to make it so soft!? I need it for when I fuck Sal so hard he needs something to hold onto!!" Larry smiled and was grabbing and rubbing her hair and Sal sat there blushing under his prosthetic. 

"I know right?! I am using this new product, it's supposed to make my hair glow but it's more soft then glowy." Those two go on to talk about hair products and Ash gets up and sits next to Sal.

She went to say something but then there was a knock at the door. Clearly neither Zhaen nor Larry were going to get it since they were deep in their conversation and Sal was too embarrassed to move. Ash giggled at the embarrassed Sal and got up. She walked past the two long haired idiots and rolled her eyes. She then proceeded towards the door and opened it. There was Todd but no Neil, "I thought your boo was coming with you? What happened?"

"Emergency. He was called in. He is a busy busy bee. But when he's off? He is either hanging out with me or sleeping. Sometimes we even sleep together an-" Ash holds up a finger and shudders.

"TMI, TMI, oh my god! TMI TODD!" Ash covers her ears and walks back to Sal. Todd closes the door behind him and smiles. Ash, as rude as she can be sometimes, is still an innocent little girl. She doesn't like talking about fluffy things. It makes her embarrassed. Todd also looked over at the two brunettes. Zhaen was on the ground next to Larry. They were both on their backs, both touching each others hair. It looked like they were comparing it?? Todd thought they were weird and went to sit with Sal and Ash to get caught up on whatever he missed. 

Sal, Ash, and Todd all moved to another room. They told Larry and Zhaen before leaving and they both nodded before going back to their hair.

"I swear, once hair becomes a topic they don't stop talking." Sal sighs and looks over at Ash, "Is she like this with you too?"

"No way, I avoid the conversations are hair because she can go on like this for hours. This is one of the few feminine things about Zhaen." She sits down on the ground and smiles.

"Yeah, Larry is the same way. He's like a girl hitting highschool. All he wants to do is talk about hair sometimes. I told him to find someone he could do that with and who's better then Zhaen?"

The three of them laughed and then Todd got all serious, "I was told something about the Red-Eyed Demon being back? What's that about?"

"Straight to the point, eh Todd?" Sal sat straight up. He explained almost everything about the first time he and Zhaen went to the ruins, because he doesn't remember the name of the mini city, except for the part about Travis. He was going to keep that between himself, Larry and Zhaen.

"So, Zhaen can see spirits? Not only can your girlfriend touch them, Ash," Todd looked over at her bewildered, "She can see them too? Without the gear boy? That's impossible."