Chapter 12

They all made it back to the apartments. Standing around in the lobby, they were trying to figure out where to go first. Sal needed to grab his SGB, Larry needed to change and Todd was going to check on his parents. To be honest, Sal didn't wanna go back to his room alone. Ash said she was going to set her things down in her room. So it was just Zhaen and Sal left. He didn't want to but he turned on his heel to face Zhaen.

"Will you come with me? To my apartment? I need to grab something."

"Sure, any spooky spectators up in you room?" She didn't know the deal with Sal and his dad. Sal knew that and she was just trying to be funny, but he was actually scared to go see his dad. He was going to be 18 soon and he was afraid still. 

So he shook his head and smirked, "Do you wanna stay in the hall all alone? Maybe the ghosts will come after you. Fresh meat."

"Oh ha ha, very funny. Lead the way muffin top."

Sal rolled his eyes, he already felt a little better about this, "Let's get going than." He couldn't think of anything clever to call her like how he would with Larry. So he just walked into the elevator and they went to the 4th floor.

"402 right? I remember you telling me yesterday, which reminds me." While they were in the elevator, Zhaen pulled her bag around her so it was on her chest. She pulls out some folded clothes and holds them out to Sal.

"These are for you. Washed and dried. I don't know how you feel about alcohol, but they smell like lavender now because that's the only thing I have at my house right now." Sal nodded and took the clothes. Thanking Zhaen and then the elevator dings. They get off the elevator and head to 402. Sal opens the door slowly and carefully and looks around. He lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank god, he's not home."

"Who? You good muffin top?"

"Yeah, and no one. Also, are you going to keep calling me muffin top? Why do I keep getting associated with a muffin?! I'm not that small!!!"

Zhaen giggled and shrugged, "I mean, I can call you lil nugget if you want. Or just Sal. What do you prefer?"

"I don't care, call me whatever you want. Just know, I will also call you names. Some may have...curse words? I think that's what you called it?"

"Yeah, curse words. Just words that children wouldn't be normally allowed to say till their older, you know?"

"Huh." Sal walked into his room and put his clothes away. Zhaen sat down on the couch, not wanting to be weird and follow Sal like a lost puppy. She saw a cat and smiled at it.

"Gizmo."

"What?" Zhaen looked over at Sal and almost fell off the couch. He was right behind the couch. He laughed at her reaction and Gizmo crawled onto her lap.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. But his name is Gizmo."

Zhaen smiled and was petting Gizmo, "He is a very handsome cat. Must take after you." Gizmo purred and meowed, "I thought they were supposed to meow and then purr?"

"Yeah, Gizmo is his own person. He does what he wants. Well, let's get going. We are going to meet everyone at the 5th floor." Zhaen nods and picks Gizmo up. She kisses the top of his head then leaves. Leaving a very confused Gizmo behind.

They get back in the elevator and Sal fills Zhaen in about everything that has been happening at the apartments. It was a lot to take in, but she seemed to follow along fine. The elevator dings and they get out on the fifth floor. Ash takes Zhaen's hand and walks her into Megans room. More like runs. Zhaen almost fell over like ten times in one minute. Sal looked around and didn't see Larry. He thought that maybe he was still changing and decided to wait in the hall way.