Chapter 28

It's been a few hours since the boys left. Ash had fallen asleep in the waiting room and Sal was with Larry, disturbing the peace. The boys had gone to the basement level of the building. It was like the hospital's own little corpse storage until people from the funeral home would come collect them. 

The boys were having a conversation of their own while looking around.

"Really? That's weird, maybe it was the AC." Sal said as he looked around. Looking at every body.

"No man, I looked up at the ceiling and there was no water marks. My hand got wet from nothing! Don't you think that's weird?"

"I don't know Lar, maybe your mind tricked you."

"No way Sal, I know what I felt. What I heard. What I saw..." Larry stopped and looked at the ground, "That's why I suggested going into her room with the SGB."

"But she isn't dead. Let's say your mind isn't making you paranoid, what should we do about that? What could we possibly do to help her Larry?" Sal said as he walked back over to his sad sack of a boyfriend.

"I-I don't know Sal. I just know that something is wrong. They say there's nothing else wrong with her. I mean, yeah, she fell from the fifth floor but other than the broken bones?? There's no reason why she should be asleep still." Larry sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry, we shouldn't talk about this right now." He started walking again, "This room is huge. I mean, for the basement?? It has so many sections and tiny rooms. So many places to store the bodies."

Sally Face nodded. He knew Larry wanted to keep talking about it, but he couldn't think of any way that what Larry was saying could make sense. And that said a lot considering the gear boy and supernatural stuff.

"Yeah, it kinda has to be. They have to have somewhere to store all these people right? Anyways," Sal said as he pulled the SGB out from his backpack, "Are you ready?" Sal said as he flipped the switch/pushed the on button.

Larry nodded and the two of them started walking around the basement. They were getting nothing for awhile, until they came across a much smaller table with a smaller blanket over a smaller body. The SGB flashed a bright green and they pushed the button. A large flash of light blinding them for a second before a little boy with blonde hair and a round face was standing in front of them. He looked a little pale and had a blood trail down the front of his shirt.

"Woah! Dude, we actually found someone." Larry said as he watched the little kid look between him and Sal.

"Yeah, yeah, figured we would. Who are you?" Sal said as he looked over at the boy.

"My name is Nathan Greene. I am 8 years old. Who are you?" Nathan said as he hid behind the table a bit.

"My name is Sally Face and this is Larry." He said as he pointed between Larry and himself.

"What a weird name." Nathan said.

"Indeed" Larry said as he laughed a little. Sal rolled his eyes, "I was just kidding Sally Dude."

"I know. Nathan, why haven't you moved on?" Sal said as he looked over at the small dead body.

"I am looking for my momma. She said she would meet me in room 558 but I only saw the dark man there."

"558?" Larry said, "That's Zhaen's room."

"Dark Man? What Dark Man? There is no one there but Zhaen."

"Zhaen?" Nathan says as he looks at Larry, "There is a brown haired girl. She fights with the Dark Man a lot."

"Boom bitch! I told you!" Larry said as he jumped a bit and smiled. Then he let it sink in and looked at Nathan, "She fights? With the Dark Man?" 

Nathan nodded and Larry sank to the floor, "I was right...I did see them...what do we do?"

"She can't leave. She tries a lot." Nathan says, "I always drag her back. Her Nurse knows about it. I saw her with you," He points to Larry, "After the Dark Man dragged her back to the dead zone." Nathan came out and sat next to Larry.

"I'm sorry Larry. I should've believed you." Sal said as he sat on the other side of Larry.

"No problem dude, but what do we do? Should I talk to my mom? And what's the dead zone? Zhaen isn't dead, so how can she be in the 'dead zone'.?"

Nathan shrugged then flinched.

"The Dark Man is coming. I have to go. Good bye Sally Face. Good Bye Larry." Nathan said.

"Nathan wait! What about-" Larry was too late as Nathan melted back into the ground. Sal turned the SGB off, "Zhaen..." Larry finished. 

"We will figure something about Larry. Don't worry about it." Sal said as he stood back up. He offered his hand to Larry and left it there as Larry sat there. He looked deep in thought for a few minutes before taking Sal's hand. Sally pulled him into a hug and he rubbed Larry's back, "We will find a way to help her ok?"

Larry just nodded and they both went back up to the floor Lisa was on.

"Hey mom?" Larry said as he walked up to the Nurse's station.

Lisa looked up and smiled, she didn't know they were still here and were happy to see them. "Yes Lar-Bear? Do you three need something? Where's Ash?" 

"No, we are good. Ash is sleeping. How has Zhaen been?" Larry said, he tried to smile and look ok but Sal knew he was hurting. They all were. Sal kissed Larry's hand and he smiled a little bit. Lisa smiled at the cute gesture then turned to Larry.

"Well, sweetheart, she seems to have a hard time hanging on."

"Hanging on? What do you mean?" Larry said.

"Well, every time her monitor goes off, it looks like she has a hard time holding onto the life she has right now. She always pulls through, but it happens a lot and the doctors are thinking about contacting her parents and disconnecting her." Lisa croaked and held in tears as she said that last part.

"No! They can't do that! We can't let them, she isn't dead!" Larry yelled. Sal had to calm him down and went to say something when they saw Ash running down the hall, crying.

"Oh my god help! It's Zhaen! Something's wrong!" Ash bawled out.

Larry and Sal's eyes widened as the ran back and saw Zhaen flailing about and the monitor freaking out. Lisa ushered them out, Ash and Larry and Sal, and closed the door. Locking it and closing the small curtain on the window on the door. 

Larry banged on the door, "Leave her alone damn it! She did nothing to deserve this! Whatever the fuck you are!" Larry yelled and Sal soon realized who he was talking to, "Just leave her the fuck alone!!" Larry slid down the door and cried with Ash. Sal trying to comfort the both of them and he quickly looked up as he thought he saw Zhaen behind them.

Must've been nothing.