CHAPTER 58

CHAPTER 58

HINDI HINAYAAN ni Happy na makita ng kahit sino man na natatakot siya. Nanatiling walang emosyon ang mukha niya habang itinatali siya sa upuan. Ang mga mata niya ay paminsan-minsan ay tumutuon sa babaeng kamukhang-kamukha niya na kalmadong nakaupo di-kalayuan sa kanya.

Another look-alike?

Ilang kamukha ba niya ang mayroon ang Triad? Ano ba ang pinaplano ng mga ito sa kanya?!

Huminga siya nang malalim nang makitang pumasok si Helena sa loob ng kuwarto. Nakangiti ito sa kanya habang naglalakad palapit.

"Happy, how are you feeling?" tanong nito, saka hinaplos ang buhok niya nang masuyo. "Are you ready for the show?"

"What do you want?" she asked calmly and coldly.

Helena smiled in amazement. "I'm really amazed by you. You're calm and collect even in this kind of situation—"

"Why are you doing this?" hindi niya napigilang tanong kay Helena. "You're my mother, aren't you supposed to be on my side?"

Nawala ang ngiti nito, saka tumalim ang mga mata. "I'm getting sick of you referring me as your mother. You took Dominick away from me. You took my husband away from me."

"I don't know what you're talking about," sabi niya sa malamig na boses.

"Didn't your perfect father tell you the truth?" she sneered then laughed bitterly. "Of course. Dominick won't. Secretive as ever. He always wanted to be perfect in everybody's eyes. Especially in the eyes of his first born."

Naguguluhan siya sa mga sinasabi ni Helena pero hindi siya nagtanong. Nakikita niya sa mukha nitong sasabihin din nito iyon sa kanya.

She wouldn't give her the satisfaction of seeing her curious.

Helena sighed heavily. "You're not even curious."

Umiling siya. "My dad is not perfect, Helena. I know he made mistakes and I don't care. I understand Dad and why he keep secrets from me—"

"Even it's about your own mother?"

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay niya. "You're my mother, yes. Dad keeps it a secret from me but I didn't mind—"

"I'm not your mother."

Happy froze, shock was written in her face. "C-come again?"

"I'm not your mother," ulit nito, saka malamig na ngumiti sa kanya. "Did your father tell you that?"

Happy remained frozen. "W-what... h-how... w-what..." She couldn't form any coherent word as she stared at Helena in shock.

Helena chuckled. "I guess Dominick didn't." She tsked. "It was our first year in marriage when his ex-girlfriend came to see him with a child who matched Dominick's DNA. His first born," she sneered. "When you came, Dominick was never the same. His attention was always to you. Always what's best for you. Always. Always. I lost my husband because of you!"

Sa halip na magalit, napangiti si Happy na nauwi sa mahinang pagtawa. "Thank God we're not blood related. I'll kill you later and it's gonna be easy."

Malakas siyang sinampal ni Helena ng maraming beses dahilan para pumutok ang gilid ng mga labi niya.

"Your mother is a whore!" she spatted at her. "She whored herself to Dominick! Dominick's first born should have been my child! Mine! But you took it away from me! You ruined everything! You ruined my plan!" nanlilisik ang matang sigaw nito sa kanya. "And now I will ruin you too after I'm done with you!"

Napailing-iling si Happy. "I was a child back then, yet you were jealous of me. Jesus Christ, Helena, you're a fucked-up bitch."

Mahigpit at malakas nitong sinakal ang leeg niya at matalim ang mga matang tiningnan siya nang masama. "You think your husband loves you? Think again!" Itinuro nito ang babaeng kamukha niyang nakaupo nang kalmado. "No one will be the wiser but me. You think we only have one person to copy you? Think again! I made two look-alikes and this one knows everything about you that even your husband can't tell the difference! I will use your father's plan to trick us before to trick them back as well."