CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13

AFTER DINING together, Happy and Blaze found themselves in Happy's room, on the bed, under the covers and lying side by side. Pinaunan siya ni Blaze sa braso nito habang nakayakap ito sa baywang niya at panay ang halik sa gilid ng noo niya.

Happy yawned. "What is it?"

Blaze buried his face on her neck—it seemed like he liked doing that with her. "I miss you."

"Me too," she whispered back.

Kumawala ang mahinang daing sa mga labi ni Happy nang unti-unti siyang kinubabawan ni Blaze at hinalikan ang pisngi niya.

She closed her eyes to savour his kisses. She was enjoying it.

And when his lips claimed hers, she just let him kiss her. She didn't move to kiss him back and that made Blaze stop.

"Kiss me back," he demanded while brushing his lips against hers.

Instead of kissing him back, Happy yawned with her eyes closed. "I run so many errands today. I'm beat. Tinatamad akong i-kiss ka."

Blaze's body vibrated as he chuckled deeply. "I'm beat too but I still want to kiss you."

"We're different." Nanatiling nakapikit ang mga mata niya. "It's tiring pala na mag-asikaso ng wedding."

Naramdaman niyang hinalikan siya nito sa noo habang nakakubabaw pa rin sa kanya. "Then rest or take a break. Hayaan mo si Mommy ang umasikaso sa mga dapat mong gawin."

She pouted. "But I don't want that."

He kissed her pouted lips. "Then what do you want?"

She opened her eyes and looked at Blaze who was looking softly at her. "I want my sister happy, kaya I'm doing this. I want her to feel that she's importante sa akin—sa amin ni Daddy. Gusto kong i-prove kay Lucky na kahit hindi kami together habang lumalaki kami, ate pa rin niya ako and that she can count on me. Do you think sapat na ang ginagawa ko para ma-feel niyang love na love ko siya?"

He smiled softly at her. "Of course. Lucky is the kind of person who appreciates everything and everyone. Kahit nga ako, nakikita kong mahal mo siya, siya pa ba?"

That put a smile on my face. "I love having a sibling."

Blaze nodded. "Me too." Umalis ito sa pagkakakubabaw sa kanya at niyakap uli siya sa baywang habang nakaunan siya sa braso nito. "I guess I could say that I'm dependent to Blake. Siguro dahil sa mga pinagdaanan namin. We lost our mom eleven years ago. She was kidnapped and we thought she was dead until months ago."

That caught her attention and her sleepiness slowly disappeared. "What happened?" Siya naman ang kumubabaw sa lalaki at tinitigan ito.

"We thought our mom was dead for eleven years." He smiled bitterly. "When we saw her again, she has a different face. Blake had a hard time accepting her and I can see that Mom is also having a hard time telling us the truth. Ayoko nang dagdagan 'yong bigat ng dinadala nila kaya naman kahit mahirap din para sa akin na tanggapin ang lahat, kahit parang sasabog na ang ulo ko sa kung ano'ng dapat na gawin, pinilit kong magpanggap na ayos lang ang lahat, na maaayos namin ang lahat. I begged Blakey and I begged Mom. I was so fucked up but I didn't let them see it. I didn't let them see how wreck I was because of Mom's sudden appearance. I don't want to burden them with my issues because I know they have so much on their plate too.

"So, I acted like it was okay for me, that it doesn't matter what Mom did... I acted because I can see Blakey. I can see that he wants to be with Mom again but just didn't know what to do and where to start. Kahit ano pa'ng sabihin ng kakambal ko, kahit ano pa'ng galit ang ipakita niya kay Mommy, kilala ko siya, alam kong nahihirapan siya. Kaya kinalimutan ko ang sarili kong problema at nararamdaman para kay Mommy at pilit na pinagbati sila. Thankfully, Lucky helped. And seeing Blake smile to Mom again, seeing him happy like that, I know I did good. It was the right decision for me to discard my own feelings. For my twin."