CHAPTER 46

CHAPTER 46

HAPPY WAS BUSY in front of her laptop, conversing with Yrozz who was in the other side of the world with Kane, fighting the Triad. It had been two weeks since she arrived in Pennsylvania and she gave all her time on taking down Triad's HQs. From Asia to North and South America.

She never stopped working. She focussed all her time on her goal, to defeat the Triad and make a difference. That, and to keep herself sane.

"The Triad's HQ in Taiwan had been destroyed, members had been disposed of and some were on jail. We already have the control in Knight's domain while in Chaos' domain, we're having a hard time controlling the other countries. But we'll get there, Boss."

Tumango siya. "Good. As much as possible, dispose every high ranking official in the Triad. Don't leave any survivor, only the lower ranks. We're also making progress here in North America. In the South, it's a bloody battle."

"We can do it," sabi ni Yrozz, saka ngumiti. "How are you, by the way? You okay, Boss?"

Tipid siyang ngumiti. "Yes. I'm okay."

Yrozz's face softened. "You're not a good liar."

"That's because I hate lying." Mahina siyang natawa, saka napailing. "But I'm okay. How's Kane?"

"Sleeping," sagot ni Yrozz. "Mamaya namin papasukin ang HQ ng Triad dito sa 'Pinas. Kailangan niya ng pahinga."

She nodded. "That's good. Keep Kane safe, okay? Ingat ka rin."

Tumango si Yrozz, saka pinakatitigan siya nito sa camera. "We talk everyday for two weeks, but you haven't asked me about him."

Happy took a deep breath. "Would it change a thing?"

"Do you wanna know what he's been up to lately?"

Hindi na hinintay ni Yrozz ang sagot niya. Nagsalita na ito at nagkuwento.

"Sa barn siya ni Lysander natutulog. At wala siyang ginawa kundi ang uminom. Oddly, he only visited Cassie once. Hindi na siya bumalik. Then he went back to the penthouse to take some stuff. Hindi ko alam kung ano'ng kinuha niya sa kuwarto n'yo. Basta umalis na lang siya at umiinom lang siya nang umiinom hanggang sa malasing siya. Knight and Shun visited him and tried to take away his wedding ring for prank purposes. Guess what happened to Knight and Shun? He broke Knight's arm and sent Shun to the hospital. And Blaze barely eats or sleeps. He's always drinking and it's not right anymore."

Nanatili siyang tahimik.

"Boss—"

"It's his life," sabi niya sa walang emosyong boses. "If he wants to spend it that way, I have no control over it. He knows where I am, Yrozz. Hindi ako nagtatago sa kanya. Kung gusto niya, puwede niya akong puntahan pero siguro sinisisi pa rin niya ako sa mga nangyari. Maybe it was my fault but I'm done wallowing with my guilt, Yrozz. Wala na akong magagawa kahit magsisi pa ako sa mga nangyari. It's already done. Cassie is already dead because of me. All I can do is make my life worth it of Cassie's death. Hindi ko sasayangin ang buhay ko. Cassie died because of me and I wanna say thank you by spending my life in important matters like defeating the Triad who violated and killed her." Her lips thinned. "Next time, don't tell me anything about him. If I wanna know, I'll ask."

"Yes, Boss."

Pinatay niya ang video call, saka napabaling sa pinto ng kuwarto nang may tumikhim doon.

"Hey, princess—"

"I told you to leave me alone," agad niyang sabi.

"Princess—"