Chapter 30: Caged Bird

Rena's eyes slightly twitched as she tightened them. Her body was cold, but she was afraid of waking up so she couldn't try and get warmer. She knew that if she were to wake then everything would end up troublesome, but she couldn't remember why she knew this. She still felt something light against her mouth.

Something clicked in her memory and her cheeks reddened, although she couldn't remember why. For an instant she thought about waking up, but she truly didn't want to, so the idea was brushed off as fast as it came. She was too tired to deal with the thought of waking up.

She heard something in the background. It sounded like an uncomfortable sigh of some sort. She couldn't tell exactly what it was. She was scared. The fear was just starting to fill her and she couldn't breathe. She tried to open her mouth to take an intake of breath, but the moment she tried the thing lightly brushing up against her lips tightened.

She felt like a cat being held. She was terrified. The one thing she hated was being out of control. She liked being in control of everything.

Her eyes snapped open on impact and it was then she noticed what was brushing against her lips. It was a tiny lining of Chakra, used to seal her off from speaking completely.

"Oh, you're awake. Good. I was getting bored," Shisui mumbled as he stood up from his chair, dropping the book he had been reading where he had been seated. His hair was slightly unkempt, but other than that he looked absolutely perfect.

Rena wasn't sure if she should be embarrassed that she thought he had kissed her. She was relived that that wasn't the case.

"Forgive me for putting the binding on your lips. I figured you would be a noisy prisoner," Shisui tilted his head to the side as he spoke. "I suppose, I should remove that."

He took two long strides and was in front of Rena's immobile body in an instant. Her panic reached its peak as she saw his hand near her face. Her eyes narrowed on his every movement and he slightly smirked at her defensive guard before his face turned monotonous once again as he brushed his fingers over her lips.

She felt a spark of fire ignite over her skin when his Chakra was undone. Her eyes instantly narrowed onto his when she felt her voice return to her.

"Screw you, asshole," she snapped and he shrugged.

"Was that supposed to offend me? You need to think of something better," he murmured as he turned away from her. She tried to move her arms, but a strong Chakra bound her arms and legs to the chair, making moving impossible. The Chakra rope was thrall and was skillfully wrapped around her waist and neck. She couldn't even head-butt him if she wanted to. That in itself was rather depressing.

"I hope you and your clan die in a fire," Rena snapped and he shrugged once again.

"That was a little better..." He murmured lowly, his eyes connected to hers and for a moment Rena's skin ignited with a spot of red, but it quickly dissipated.

"Thanks," she replied lowly. "Is the binding really necessary? I'm uncomfortable."

"Prisoners are supposed to be." He answered in a monotone.

"Why am I a prisoner? Has your weak village been unable to capture anyone else?" She asked and he tilted his head to the side.

"Yes. That's actually true. It seems like your village is full of cowards who refuse to take us head on," Shisui answered without an emotion. Her eyes narrowed and she tried to turn her head to the side but a strong Chakra bound her and kept it in place. She felt her temper almost snap. "Did I offend you? I apologize."