Chapter 48: Bingo

"I'm tired of this food," Reira said as she pulled on her shirt, finding that the torn parts of the clothing were stitched right back up. She figured Rena must have done it before she realized that it was impossible since Rena had only one arm. She pushed back the slightly thankful emotion down her throat. The Tanaka clan was kind, sewing her clothes and feeding her. She knew that she hardly deserved such hospitality.

Rena wasn't amused by Reira impatience on leaving, "you are injured. Sit the fuck down and eat because we aren't going anywhere until I'm certain you can live through the journey."

"You underestimate me. I'm fine," Reira retorted and Rena scowled, her legs moving quick until she had placed herself directly in front of her.

"What do you hope to accomplish by rushing in half cocked towards your death? Do you really think you can stand a chance if Ryu attacks?" Rena shoved the injured girl, and under normal circumstances she likely wouldn't have budged, but these weren't normal circumstances and Reira stumbled back.

"I can," Reira snapped, holding her ground as she  adjusted her stance and attempted not to wince as Rena nearly reopened her stitches.

"You think you are strong enough to face off against Itachi Uchiha? You got your ass kicked in the Chūnin exams and he was going easy on you," Rena's voice rose again and she shoved Reira back and she stumbled further.

"I can stop all of them," Reira yelled back, losing her temper.

"You can't even stop me," Rena yelled in reply, shoving her again until Reira fell onto the bed, the bandages soaking through with blood around her arm.

"What do you think you're doing?" Hana Tanaka snapped, rushing into the room with a bowl of hot water and a towel. She set it on the night stand next to Reira's bed, and slapped Rena across the head. "You are a medic. Where did you learn your bedside manner?"

"The bloody Mist," Rena replied, unaffected by the woman's snap.

Hana frowned but turned her glare at Reira instead, "And you," Reira leaned back into her pillow like a child being scolded. "You will sit in that bed until I tell you otherwise or so help me...I will kill you myself. I will not have spent three days worrying about you and sewing your clothes just to have you die within a week on some idiotic adventure." Hana paused, glancing at the shirt that Reira wore that was soaking through with blood. "I just washed that top."

Rena bit her bottom lip with a wry frown as Hana turned her motherly glare back on her.

"How does a girl with so skinny and so little arms cause such a disturbance," Hana scolded and Rena made a animalistic growl.

"Well excuse me for looking out for this idiot's well being. For all that I've been through in the last few years, I deserve a medal."

"She's bleeding out. We don't hand medals for further injuring their friend-" Hana immediately paused when the sight of Reira's slowly forming smile broke their argument in two.

"Thank you, Tanaka Hana," Reira whispered, her smile disappearing as she attempted to sit back up. The pain in her shoulder hurt, but the hole in her hand hurt worse. The blood of her parents had been washed from her body before she had awoken that first night, but when she closed her eyes she could still feel that black ooze coating her skin like fur.

"If you are remotely thankful, please get better. Also take off your shirt so I can was it again," Hana whispered, slapping Rena's head. Reira didn't have another smile in her so she swallowed the pain and took off the shirt.