Chapter 49: Tsukuyomi

Reira's fingers shook at her side as she sat down on the bed. Every particle in her body was screaming at her to move, make the last of her couple minutes count and jump out of the window. How odd her instincts warned her away at every last turn. In the past, she never thought that he's gain this kind of reaction from her. No matter how she tried to act and how she tried to hide it, she was vaguely afraid of the man she was going to be forced to see walk into this room.

      The door opened as she nervously played with the end of her shorts. When he walked in, she rose to her feet. "Itachi...it's been a while..." He didn't say anything in return, and she saw that she had a difficult time reading his expression, causing her apprehension to gather in her heart. "I know, I dropped by unannounced. I can't imagine how annoying this is for you. But I have something I need your help with."

      He just stared at her, his Sharingan active as he took a step toward, "I have no reason to help you. Go home, Reira."

      She smiled slightly, her fear evaporating from her pores as he spoke. "Yes. We have no obligations to one another...however, don't think me such a bother if I request your aid anyway." She bowed her head, her hair falling over her shoulders and her bangs covering her face. "Please help me."

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

      4 days earlier:

      Reira squeezed her eyes shut, growing more impatient as Togainu Kato continued giving Rena the flirtatious smiles instead of answering their questions. The land of Keys was known for its information circles and Togainu Kato was quite the figure himself, placing himself in the center of every circle.

      "This tiny amount is hardly enough to warrant my information," Kato commented, staring at the bag filled with ryō, nearing the high thousands. How a cripple and an orphan managed to gain such money was another story.

      "Meager amount?" Reira was frustrated but she managed kept it out of her voice. "You're serious. That's enough to buy out half the village."

      "And yet you give it to me freely, with no resistance," Kato replied, watching as Rena's eyes narrowed on Reira, effectively silencing the girl.

      "Payment is still what you asked for," Rena replied, holding out her hand to gesture to the money. "Who cares what its worth is to us?"

      Kato was a slimey character, and his hair was as dark as ebony while it fell over his shoulder. His eyes were slanted and brown, the color of earth, he was skinny, nearly all bone. Overall, he wasn't a threat and Reira knew that she could probably break him in half if she wanted to.

      "I care. The point of sacrifice is to care about what you are giving up," Kato replied with a chuckle as he leaned back in his chair. "I have no great need for much of anything. Why would I want something that you do not care about?"

      I'm going to break his legs, Reira thought as she attempted to stay silent, her fingers digging into her leg with a grunt.

      "Listen," Reira said with a frown as she began to stand up, however, Rena gripped her arm and forced her to sit back down. The one handed girl was surprisingly strong and Reira felt a bruise begin to form on her skin.

      "And if I offered something of interest?" Rena's voice was firm and calm, which was not something Reira was capable of doing.

      "You would have my attention. And then the money would of course peak my full cooperation," Kato told her and Reira felt her teeth grind together as Rena grabbed her wrist and forced her bracelet off before Reira had the chance to blink.