Chapter 15: Be Sneaky

"What are you doing here?" Rena snapped in a low voice as she glanced behind her over at Ryu. She could see the silhouette of his bright brown hair that was styled into perfect spikes. He was glancing to the side of him and his gaze was expressionless. It wasn't a face she was exactly used to. As much as she liked his happy face, she couldn't help but find his new expressionless face to be attractive, but rather scary.

         He abruptly glared at her as he roughly let her go. "What do you mean what am I doing here? What the hell are you doing here?"

         "I-I..." Rena trailed off before a small dust of pink shaded over her cheeks. "I was fixing your stupid sister's mess."

         "Hey..." Reira said out of nowhere, making Rena jump slightly before composing herself. Reira glanced around the room as she concentrated on Chakra presences.

         "I mean all offence," Rena said simply, but when she turned back to Ryu she was only met with a scornful face.

         "This doesn't mean that you can just run off on a dangerous quest without telling anyone," he snapped, making a frown cross Rena's face.

         "If I were to tell you, you wouldn't let me go," she snapped and Ryu's abruptly wacked her on the head.

         "Stupid," Ryu snapped with a frown.

         "Rena-chan," Reira said with a sad gaze at the raven-haired girl. "We would have gone with you."

         "Can't you count on your teammates a little better?" Ryu said with a glance away from the woman. He wasn't ready to look at her stupid face. If he looked at her, he'd forgive her too easily. He wanted to stay angry at her, but just hearing her voice made those feelings waver.

         Rena went silent as she continued to glance over at her two teammates. A warm feeling filled her chest, but she didn't know what that feeling was.

         "Now, what will we do about that?" Reira asked as she pointed to the woman who had been knocked out by Ryu.

         "I don't know. I didn't think about that," Ryu said with a frown.

         "Kyoya-sensei is the only one with the ability to erase one's mind," Reira mumbled with a nervous pout.

         "Kyoya-sensei is the only one who knows how to do it perfectly," Rena pointed out, causing both her teammates to look up on abruptly.

         "Are you saying that you know how to do that Jutsu," Ryu asked while Reira dragged the unconscious woman into one of the empty rooms effortlessly. Reira always was freakishly strong.

         "There are a lot of risks," Rena pointed out in an uncertain tone. "I can't just go in her mind and erase anything I want."

         "Then what can you do?" Ryu asked and Rena shut her eyes tightly.

         "I am not Kyoya and while he's been training me to do this I'm still not that talented. If I fail or make even one mistake that woman will die. I could make so many mistakes," Rena said and Ryu shook his head.

         "I don't care if she dies or not. If this is our only option then we need to try," Ryu whispered as he walked past Rena to follow his sister. "I'd rather have one girl die than all of us put to death for that girl's big mouth."

         Rena shut her eyes, but nodded regardless of her fears. She didn't want to kill anyone, but she'd much rather that girl die than Ryu and Reira.