Chapter 36: Under Your Eyes

Namine let out an irritated sigh as she pushed back a strand of her dark wavy hair so it was no longer in her face. She occasionally glance down at the passed out girl next to her, but she spent most of her time staring down at her own hand, which now looked like a giant green root. Vines were spreading out from her palm, replacing her fingers as thorns entertained with one another in a tight braid of strong roots. Her eyes slowly glided down the path her roots took her and saw that they had already completely engulfed the girl next to her.

She couldn't put her mind away from the task at hand and continued to use her veins to heal the girl of all wounds and scrapes, the plants draining away some of her own energy in order to do it. She winced at the thought as she felt the roots tighten before they withered away and died, leaving her with a dead plant in replace of her arm. She almost flinched as she brought her other hand up to tear off the useless and dead wrist, leaving her with a hollow stub.

Why was she doing this again?

She almost scoffed as she glanced over at the half dead girl who was still completely unconscious. Probably because he asked her to, which frustrated her as she hated submitting to anyone, least of all him.

Slowly, she lifted up her hand over to her damaged one as she sent her Chakra out from her hand and back into the broken down stump, causing new roots to quickly begin to weave their way from her hollow wrist. They were slow in taking shape, but slowly they began to expand and form into a type of skeleton like figure, twisting slowly upward in thin braid that formed into five individual fingers. She fisted her green root like hand as a porcelain white skin began to slowly emerge from the roots, resembling the way dirt would slowly sink into water.

She felt slightly annoyed for reasons that baffled her, but when isn't she annoyed these days... She gave a tiny grimace as she flexed her fingers into fists, her eyes narrowing on the unconscious girl who she had so kindly saved. Kind? Was she kind? Did that emotion still fester despite the amount of coldness she stored in her heart.

Kind?

Namine gave a tiny frown as she leaned over the unconscious girl's body, her black hair falling on each side of her face while her hands palmed the floor on each side of the girl's body. She tilted her head to the side as she examined the girl's disappearing wounds. She did pretty good, if she did say so herself, especially since she hardly ever used her own vines, made for maiming, to heal. It wasn't that she couldn't, but she had never really found anyone she ever cared enough to heal.

Kind? That wasn't what she was. If anything she was more on the cruel and manipulative side, so this entire incident confused her. It wasn't like Ryukyu would ever know that she let his sister die, so he couldn't exactly break their deal.

Her frown only seemed to deepen, her thoughts radiating annoyance as she felt her fingers begin to dig into the ground, the vines spreading like razors, cutting into the grounds before digging their way just below the surface, slowly cutting back out, scratching a long cut up the girl's neck before slowly wrapping around her neck, not tightly as Namine had more control than that.

It was rather strange that her Chakra would act up on its own. Strange and annoying. Would it stop if she ended the girl's life?

Reira's eyes squeezed shut, her lids mushing together in a groggy pain. She gave a tiny groan as she tried to open her eyes. She was starving and could practically feel her stomach sizzle in pain from under her skin, The pain became so great that she felt her eyes snap open in one quick motion, only to be confused as she saw a strange woman staring right back at her.