T W E N T Y - O NE

"Wait... what?" I ask and he laughs looking ahead at the road.

"I mean you don't have to. Just thought I would offer. We can grab food and just chill, but it's okay. I'll drop you off and we can get breakfast tomorrow?" he ask.

"You were just so open with asking me that"

"I guess I just don't want to take you home just yet" he says. I stare at him then look ahead at the road.

"Will you buy me food?" I ask and he laughs.

"Yes" he says and I smile.

"Okay, well then I don't mind" I say smiling. I text Desi that I was staying at Nico's tonight. When we got back closer to campus Nico pulls into Chick-fil-a and we order our grub. I have been starving all day and I'm so excited to sit down and eat. It took us about ten minutes to reach Nico's place. He lived in town houses and he goes to park the car. I'm actually excited to see the way he lives. Was it clean? Messy? Does he have roommates? I carry the drinks as Nico carries the food and he goes to unlock the door.

Cold air runs out of the house and the smell of cologne hits my nose. We step in and it was dark and Nico walks ahead to turn on some lights. He had black couches with tan walls and brown carpet. The house was as decorated it was going to get with a male living here. Shoes were paired together by the door and I take my shoes off and follow Nico to the kitchen.

"This is... really nice" I said and he smiles.

"Thank you"

"You live here by yourself?"

"I do" he says taking our food out the bag. "If you don't mind, I'm going to shower real fast. The remotes are on the couch, but I will not watch something like Jersey Shore or 90210" he says and I laugh.

"I don't even watch stuff like that"

"I'm just saying" he laughs walking towards the back. I grab my food and went to sit on the floor by a table. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to sit on the couch with my food. I turn the T.V on and Netflix popped up with his name. I click it and settled on Bird Box. I start to eat my food and I tried to eat it slowly but I was starving. "Why are you sitting on the floor?" Nico says walking back in. He was shirtless wearing basketball shorts.

"Umm... I didn't know if I was allowed to eat on the couch" I say and he laughs. He comes to sit next to me on the floor with his food.

"For future reference... you're allowed to eat on the couch" he says. Future reference? Like... I'm going to be coming over here more? Nico smelled like soap and I wish he wasn't sitting next to me so I could stare at his beautiful body. Our shoulders were touching but I don't think he even noticed. "Is this that Bird Box movie?"

"Yea, have you seen it?"

"No, heard about it" he said popping a fry in his mouth. My phone then dings and look down to see it's my mom. I go check the message to see it was a screenshot of my insta and the picture Nico and I took. She sends me question marks and I text back I'll explain later. At the end of the movie, Nico had his arm behind me and we were laughing. "Horrible ending" he said grabbing the remote.

"How?" I laugh.

"They're going to live with blind people in a cage forever? That's stupid" he says going through Netflix.

"Well I liked it" I say and he laughs. I stare ahead at the screen as he goes through the "Thriller" section.

"Do you want something to change in?" Nico ask. I did pick a bad day to wear jeans and I was uncomfortable with them on.

"If you don't mind... you did kidnap me" I said and he smiles. He puts the remote down then stands up. He helps me up and holds onto my hand as we walk towards the bedroom. I look around his room before we enter his closet. He stops at the doorway and leans on the door panel.