I want you.

Alex walked over to her bed and sat on the edge, he still couldn't believe that she was pregnant with his child.

His child.

He was going to be a father, in less than eight months, he acknowledged and the long slim fingers of excitement began to slide down his spine in a pleasurable caress that stole his breath away.

'I am terminating the pregnancy' Caroline said making every pleasure he was feeling disappear like a cloud of faint smoke.

'What!' He said in a cool silent voice, but the exclamation mark behind it was obvious, so very obvious.

'I have no intention of letting you think I want to tie you down with a baby neither of us want, I don't love you, neither do you love me, bringing a baby into this mess is not what we want. It will only complicate things and I don't want that. I just want to be done with this contract between us as fast as I can' she said.

Every word she said was like a dagger in his heart. Stabbing and withdrawing repeatedly in a harsh and cruel way that made his heart bleed painfully.

'Is that the reason you never told me?' He asked, this was not the way he had fantasized about being informed by the woman he loved of their first child.

'How was I expected to tell you? You Sent me behind the bar for no just cause and when I got bailed, you expected me to come straight to your office or house to tell you I am pregnant with your child, and i would expect you to believe me the child is your's?' She asked, the words were painful to hear but it was also the truth, what was he expecting? After falsely accusing her of murder and locking her behind bar for two weeks.

Her snort drew him back from his thought.

'Of cause who would even accept the baby of a murderer, be it his or not? I have caused you enough pain by killing your grandmother, i don't want to soil your name as well with a baby you never bargained for or wanted' she said. 'Besides,  the child was conceived by our one night mistake which makes the child a mistake too, and it would be better to correct this mistake before it is too late.'

Every word she said tore his heart apart until it was in shred, his blue-green eyes searched her face, she had just laid out part of what she felt and he regretted every of his actions over and over again. He should have acknowledged how he felt about her sooner, he should have investigated his grandmother's death before taking the action he took, but that does not mean he was going to allow his child to be called a mistake or terminated.

'And besides, how did you know that I had gotten bailed?' She continued.

'Shit, those stupid policemen must have told you, may be given you a call, afterall most of them are puppets, and are willing to do anything for money, thank God not everyone of them knew about the baby'

'I bribed no one..... look' he began before he sighed, briefly closing his eyes and opening it again, 'I know I was wrong, but that does not mean I am going to let you get rid of my child or call him or her a mistake and with your frame of mind, I am not letting you stay away from me, so get your things together, we are going back home'.

Home where he would be able to make amends. Where he would tell her that their one night together had been so special to him and not a mistake he had said it was.

Caroline stared at him wide eyed, 'I am home already, this is my home' she said making him stare at her like she was the dumbest human alive.

'Our home which is going to consist of you, me and our child, because we are having this baby' he said trying to keep his anger at bay as he felt it beginning to rise. 'And mind you, this is not about the contract, you or me. This is about our baby, which means our marriage will be longer than intended if not permanent.' He said making her freeze, 'never'she said almost screaming it, but remembering that her brothers were close by made her keep her voice low.