Like you care.

Alex stared at the golden liquor as he swirled it around in his glass, the thought of loosing his wife to Luciano or any other man at that was terrifying but the fact that he kept having to behave like a jerk, every time he was with her, was not helping matters as well. He had never dreamt in a million years to be in this sort of situation.

The scraping of the chair before him, had him raising his head up and looking into Dickson's face.

'You okay?' Dickson's deep voice gave him a sort of calm, he felt that something was amiss, he was sure of that, but he couldn't just lay a finger on what it was.

'No' he replied as he threw his head back and drank the rest of the liquor in his glass.

----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

Alex returned home around 2 am the following morning, looking all tired and bloody, he had not planned to fight with his best friend but when he has to tell you that he was in love with your wife and you couldn't take the shit anymore, you let it loose. That was exactly what had happened there. He had let the shit loose on his friend who had not taken things lightly as well and had fought back as well.

He turned the key on the lock and made to go into the house, but a movement caught his eyes at the far corner of the room. He turned towards the movement and froze on his track as his heart beat increased.

Caroline laid, uncomfortably and cramped on a couch with her right arm hanging off the side of the couch. He swallowed nervously as he walked closer to her. She looked so fragile, so beautiful, so vulnerable that all he wanted to do was just to take her in his arms and protect her. He knew he does not deserve her but all the same the thought of letting her go was slowly killing him and silently for that matter.

He thought back to the fiasco that had taken place with his friend that evening and he knew he had to man up and set things straight before things got so out of hand that he wouldn't be able to control it anymore.

He bent down to pick her up and carried her bridal style, he smiled when she snuggled into his hard abs and sighed in contentment.

He climbed up the stairs, taking two at a time. He had only laid her on the comfortable bed in his room when he realized what he had done. But then she had waited for him to come back and because she couldn't cheat nature, at least not with her pregnant self, she had fallen asleep on the uncomfortable couch and waited for him to arrive home, that said something or meant something at least.

He placed a soft kiss on her black wavy gloss hair, straightening up, he stared at her sleeping form for a while before he began yanking off his clothes and heading to the bathroom.

Alex smiled at himself looking back at his reflection in the mirrow that was directly above the sink as he scrubbed his teeth with his brush.

Something has to go wrong before you understand how important what you have is, he had been on the verge of loosing her before he realized how important she is to him.

He had been an asshole to her because of Luciano until he had also realized that, Luciano was not his only rival but his best friend too and he wasn't sure how many more men were out there, vying for her attention. But he has an edge over them because she is with his child in her womb, not because she is in love with him, he acknowledged painfully.

"You asked her not to fall in love with you, remember"

His inner self reminded him, making him will it to shut up as he opened the tap to wash off the foam in his brush as well as his mouth.

He stepped into his bath tub, turning on the water to cold, she had managed to turn him on again, how she always managed that without even lifting a finger was well beyond him, even in her sleep. All he had just done was to bring her to his room and kiss her hair, and because of her effect on him, he had been scared to even peel her cloth off her for fear that his sexual frustration would escalate than it already was.