You have to marry me!

It had been 3 months now since her parents death. And she was striving, trying her best to meet with the needs of her younger siblings. It wasn't as easy as she had always thought it was.

Even though she was living in the shadow of her real self, she knew she was the only other parent her younger ones are looking up to, so every night was meant for mourning her parents while every morning was for laughter, of cause she couldn't afford to break down before the kids that are still trying to adjust to the new development in their lives especially baby Gracia who even though does not understand what has been happening or what has happened had been falling in and out of sickness and had been calling on her mother's name.

Caroline was willing to make her siblings have a normal life even though they are now orphans at a very young age.

So that was what brought her to the local flour seller in just two streets away from their home with her siblings.
She touched the flour and raised some up with her fingers before releasing the smooth powder back into the container.

She smiled however sadly, Gracia would clock 3 tomorrow and her parents would not be there to celebrate it with her. She handed the girl over to Francesca while she paid for the flour and the other ingredients she bought before handing the bag containing the ingredients over to Francis.

Gracia began to cry after a while and raised her two hands to Caroline so that she could be carried by her. On seeing that she wasn't paid any attention became restive and wiggled her way down Francesca's hand before tottering to Caroline, and in a bid to gain her attention drew on her sister's white wrapper causing the piece of clothing to loosen around her sister's waist, and slip to the ground thereby exposing the jean boy short and the fresh beautiful almost white skin beneath the wrapper.

*******************************************

Alexander Ambrose Theakis raked his hand through his silky long shoulder length hair. And sighed in frustration, he checked his wristwatch for the fifth time and cursed under his breath.

His friend Dickson grunted and sighed before saying, 'why don't you call her once again'. Alexander's blue-green eyes met his friend's in frustration, 'I have,' he answered before looking back forward.

Dickson rested his head on the car headrest and closed his eyes for some seconds before opening it and deciding to take interest in his surroundings, his eyes almost budged out of his suckets before he turned around to face his friend whose eyes was closed to slit. 'Excuse me Alex, I will be back in a minute' he was out of the car before Alex could protest and heading to God knows where. It only took Alex a few seconds before he himself knew where.

His eyes strained on the beautiful woman trying without success to pry a baby's hand from her wrapper and trying to sweet talk the baby, the woman was extremely beautiful and attractive.

His breath caught in his throat before he released it in a whoosh. He saw Dickson advancing towards her and he smiled knowing his friend, he would never let a beautiful woman pass him by without trying to catch her attention.

He was still marvelling at his friend's ability to move from one end to the other when the door to the passenger seat of his expensive Lamborghini opened and his blonde haired beautiful girlfriend breezed in and landed a wet slimy kiss on his right cheek, they had both come to Nigeria and his girlfriend had travelled to so many states on tour and according to her, she just arrived from Obudu cattle ranch at Cross river state, Calabar, the formal capital of Nigeria.

OBUDU CATTLE RANCH, CROSS RIVER STATE, NIGERIA

He reluctantly took his gaze away from the beautiful thigh that could drive any man crazy and stared daggers at Fiona.

'I am so sorry baby,' Fiona apologized looking at him from beneath her long eye lashes with puppy eyes.

Alex exhaled deeply before looking back at the beautiful woman, he smiled as he saw her giving Dickson a cold shoulder.

'Look, Fiona lets go straight to the point, I want to marry you, but it is going to be fake, it is just for a little set up,'

Fiona smiled angrily while shaking her head, she turned to look outside the car window, and after a while she turned back towards him, 'why in God's name do you have to spoil everything we had?'

Alex stared at her puzzled, he was surprised by her actions but he left her to pour out her heart.

'I won't let you use me Alex,' She said calmly after all her angry outbursts.

'I don't do love and you know that, don't you? We both agreed to this thing between us with no strings attached' Alex told her calmly.

'Of cause, yes I know' She said silently while fiddling with her finger and looking away from him to hide her expression, she was hurt and she knew it was her fault, he told her what he wanted right from the beginning and she agreed to being used by him then but why not now? She drew in a shaky breath as the answer to the question hit her hard in the face, she was in Love with him. She loved him so much that it hurts.

She turned towards him, her decision made, 'You have to marry me, Alex, before I can help you' She said.

Alex stared at her for a while before he nodded, he had always known women wanted more from him which he could not afford to give, he had warned Fiona right from the beginning of their relationship and told her what he wanted, he doesn't stick to a woman for too long but seeing the way they always shamelessly throw themselves at him he decided to keep Fiona longer to keep them away from him.

He had been battling with women since he was 14, he had at first loved the attentions they gave to him but later on he had began to feel suffocated by it.

He looked foward and rubbed his hands on his face before he sighed deeply, he turned back to see Fiona studying him before she gave him a small smile, 'Go home, think about it Alex, you know how to get me when you have decided' She gave him a kiss on his cheeks again before getting out of the car.

Dickson appeared by his car door and watched as his girlfriend walked towards her own car swinging her hips.

He started the engine after Dickson decided he had had enough of swinging hips and entered the vehicle, his silent question not lost on him.

He was about to drive out of the spot when he heard a loud scream and the screeching of a vehicle's tire.

He was out of his own Lamborghini before he knew what he was doing and running towards the still figure on the road.

He looked at the beautiful face of the young girl putting on white which was now stained with blood, the driver that hit the girl was no where to be found, he was lost in his own thought of anger when a loud wail pulled him out of it.

He turned around to see the beautiful woman run towards him looking extremely pale, in a frenzy, she pushed the infant to the young boy standing beside her, looking lost and shocked that he was literally paralyzed and unable to move an inch from where he was standing.

He lifted the still girl into his arms and carried her to his car , thankfully she was still breathing so her chance of being saved was high.

_______________________________________

Hello beautifuls and Handsomes,
Here we come again.

I hope you all enjoyed the story? Please stay tuned and don't forget to: VOTE, COMMENT AND PLEASE SHARE. Thank you for reading my book.

Love y'all 😙
Kisses.