...Sharper than the sword.

Caroline froze as she quickly took the phone away from her ear and took it away from speaker, knowing fully well that she was already busted and she couldnt hide under any cover, she decided to take the bull by the horn.

I am sorry sir, I wont be able to, I am seven months pregnant(pause) alright sir, I will send in Serena she replied and ended the call.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Wow, so this is all a lie? Alex said Dispassionately, So, you are the infamous lawyer in Nigeria? he asked as venom poured from his voice, however, coldly.

So good to know that I really did not worth knowing that he said calmy, not sparing her a glance as he stopped at a traffic light, now the frost dripping from his tone could have worn over Antarctica and made it way into the Guinness book of record.

It is not what you think Caroline began to explain but he cut her off, you never meant to mention it to me, making a fool out of me in front of my family once they get to know that the Lawyer I was actually referring to this morning was my wife he snorted indignantly as he started his engine when the red light became green and he began to drive once again.

Tears leaked out of Carolines eyes as she quietly listened to him talk, anger dripping daggers from his voice.

Since you never intended to tell me in the first place, you really dont need to cook up stories for me to believe your non-existent reasons now, you can keep your excuses to yourself, he said as he stopped the car in front of his fathers house, alighted from it and threw the keys at the valet, not even waiting for Caroline to get out as he walked briskly into the building.

Caroline wiped her tears with an handkerchief as she picked up her purse and alighted from the car before the valet could open the door for her, not sparing him a glance in order to cover up her embarrassment she waddled into the building.

She wasnt sure she was willing to go shopping anymore, neither was she going to call her siblings now, until she was sure her emotions were in check.

Entering into the house, she found her husband at the bar drinking some brandy, he did not even spare her a glance as she made her way up the stair case to their room, she was almost at the last step when there was a knock at the door, curiosity made her stop and look back as the butler opened the door for the guest, a tall and familiar old man entered into the building with some escorts? She wasnt sure, from what she could see, the mans hair was totally grey and he should be in his late eighties, but he still looked strong and agile.

She watched as Alex left the bar to welcome the man whom he placed a kiss on his cheek, standing together, she realized that the two men looked so much alike, no wonder the familiarity.

By this time she was done crying and had even forgotten about their arguments.

Welcome home son the man greeted him too as Alex helped him to a chair, by now the whole family were already gathering but no other person ventured to get close to the man like Alex did, his mother cowered behind her husband, obviously scared but still trying as best as she could to put up a brave front.

Welcome father, how have you been? Dimitri greeted the man while his hands went around his wife in a protective manner.

I am glad you still know that I am your father, that witch you are trying to protect has not fully released you from her bondage that, you couldnt even inform me of my grandsons arrival the man said, looking at Alexs mother with contempt.

Caroline was astounded, the words are not meant to come out from a man like him, he looked too gentle for that attitude. Her curiosity has now been fully spiked and it needed to be fully satisfied.