Frigid and barren.

Caroline could not explain what she felt at that moment when she had woken up to find a naked and happily sleeping white man by her side, she had at first felt disoriented, but when the events of the night before came back to her, she had felt hot goose bumps all over her body, she jumped out of the bed mortified and embarrassed. She got up from the bed with the bed cover around her breasts but as she stood up in her full lenght and the cloth fell away from Alex's naked backside, she changed her mind and instead covered him back with the bed cover she looked down at his face to see a smile a well sated and satisfied man always gave to his lover after sex. She remembered Edward giving her the same smile when ever they had made love together. She closed her eyes for a moment, sighed and opened her eyes, then she silently tip toed to the bathroom where she cleaned herself up, she saw a robe hanging on one of the hangers in the bathroom and she decided to wear it instead of going back into the room naked. She stepped out of the bathroom to find Alex still in bed, she checked him to make sure he was still alive or if he had died of too much pleasure and still smiling happily. After checking his breath, she sneaked out of his room and came face to face with his grandmother sitting on her wheelchair looking worried. The relief on the old woman's face was so obvious as she stared at Caroline, assessing her from head to toe, 'now I see' she said and turned the wheelchair using it control button, before heading back to her room. Caroline wondered what the old lady meant by that but she kept mute and continued back to her room. She quickly put on a red off shoulder crop top and a black Jean short before heading to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, well maybe brunch since it was 11:12 am already.

She started the gas and prepared her grandmother-in-law's meal first, before preparing her food with her husband's. She was already at the table eating when Alex came down all dressed up and ready for the day's work. 'Hi' Caroline said nervously, she never knew she would feel this way the morning after after, 'hi' he mumbled back under his breath that it was a little bit hard for Caroline to hear his response, she noticed that he was frowning too as if something had angered him. She felt her heart beating faster than normal, fearmade her hands become clammy, cold sweat broke out from her hair line till it rolled down the sides if her face, damn, but the A.C was on. 'Hun...breakfast?' She asked with a shaky voice, 'I am not hungry,' he said, she stood up from her chair and stared at the plate she had already set on the table for him awkwardly, 'what if I pack it for you?' She asked 'I am not interested' he continued and was about to walk away from her before he stopped and looked back straight at her. 'Last night was a mistake that would never happen again, it was not meant to happen in the first place, so I wouldn't want you to read much meaning into a meaningless sex' he said and walked out of the building. Caroline felt her heart palpitating at first and then it seemed to her as if it exploded into a million tiny and ungatherable pieces, she gasped as the pain hit her full force. She was glad that no one was around at the moment to witness what had happened, she tried to swallow up the pains and tried to eat as if she was unaffected by what had just happened while she was hurting deeply, 'I am such a fool' she said to herself, 'he warned me, he warned me not to but I never listened' she said as the tightening pain in her throat increased and all of a sudden the tears began to spill as she couldn't take it anymore. She gave up the pretence of eating and took her remaining food to the kitchen, she hated wasting food, so she simply poured it into a plastic plate and placed it into the freezer before heading to her room where she cried like a kid, blaming herself for placing her heart on the line. This hurt more than she expected it to, the hurt was more than what she had felt when Edward had beaten her up and sent her packing from her own house, she wept more knowing that she was cheap to have slept with him in the first place, she hated herself for being so stupid, she closed her eyes for a moment and opened it again, even though she was still hurting but she knew that to get the contract between them through, she had to be strong, lock the pains away and see the contract through. In the next three months and 26 days she would be out of here and be contented to mourn her broken heart, and never ever go near any other guy again, she was done with the heartbreaks she had been going through, since she couldn't have a child, at least her siblings would love her as much as she loved them, she stood up from the bed, went to the bathroom, washed her face and went back to her room to rest for a some hours before going back to the kitchen to prepare lunch.