Breaking Free

Caroline rolled on her side as she stared at the twisted wristwatch her brother gave her so eagerly, she couldn’t believe that Francis could invent something so useful, though shapeless, she chuckled at her own thought.

After the chaos of all that had happened, just two days ago, her husband and his mother had absolutely become inseparable, he had wanted to confront his grandfather but she had stopped him, telling him his mother would be at the receiving end of the trouble once he left Greece so he had left him alone.

Also, she had asked Francis how he was able to get the video of what happened to her when she called home and he told her that there was an hidden camera in the eye contacts, so, once his phone had started beeping incessantly, he had known that she had used what he had invented also, the wristwatch had a mini recording device in it, so everything had been perfectly recorded.

Alex had been so stunned when he heard and he promised to invest into his projects as it was the “best invention he had ever seen” as he so termed it.

Caroline smiled as she felt the baby move and she patted her stomach, yes, she was so faithful to the drugs Anthonia prescribed for her as her brother said it was perfect for usage, and today she had urged Nikos who was ever so skeptical about everything and everyone to take them to his little family which he had tucked away on a very remote island, yes, he might be so mentally unstable, but, he indeed was a very loving man, towards his wife and children.

She wondered how he was able to keep his family hidden for so many years away from his extended family as she had stared at his oldest son who was no different from Alex and Theo in resemblance, the hereditary green-blue eyes, the dark hair and he was almost the same age with Theo if not a year older. His two daughters were no exception from the family DNA either, the red hairs, the beauty and the green-blue eye features.

They had actually met them working on a small farm with their mother, a very petite blond and blue eyed woman.

Nikos had only explained to his nuclear and extended family why he separated them and never allowed them to meet each other for so long.

He never wanted his wife to be bullied by his father and he didn’t want his son to go through what Alex had gone through. The children had almost instantly bonded after that, while it was a bit awkward between Ariana and Melinda, who were later inseparable withing seconds.

Caroline sipped at the orange juice her husband had ordered for her, she would have preferred apple but there was none and his aunt was so kind to have gone out of her ways to get a bottle of it for her at the local grocery store, unfortunately, the store was also out of it.

She smiled at her aunt-in-law as she passed a pie to her to accompany the drink which she gratefully accepted, digging into it she moaned as the flavour bursted in her buds. She smiled shyly as she saw her husband smile at her moan.

‘Common, so many kids in the house please’ she heard her father-in-law say to his son who simply turned away chuckling.

They had a great time at Niko’s hideout and when they were about to leave, little Bella, Niko’s five year old daughter had began to cry which in turn made Caroline who became a mess herself on seeing the girl cry, promise to take her to Africa, everyone had been shocked including herself, but the little girl had instantly swallowed her tears and returned to being cheerful.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Caroline smiled at her husband who ended up driving the limo back to his parent’s house, they had left the family of five at the owner’s compartment and she had decided to ride with her husband who was ever so grateful for it even though the seat belt could not make it across her body, he had settled for driving slowly for her sake.