T'was a mistake

Caroline felt nervous as she descended the staircase in her Dark Cyan Bejeweled Bodice Quinceanera Tulle Ball Gown, Alex had told her almost an hour ago that it would also be a dress up night. 'You just have to look like someone else that is all' he had told her.

She saw Alex at the door looking impatiently at his watch, he only turned back when he heard her shoe's tap tap on the tiles. He was about to say something but what it was she was unable to know as his facial expression switched from anger to shock, and then surprise, ' you look beautiful' he said as she got to the door too. 'Thank you' she said, smiling shyly at him. He put his hand on the small of her back and guided her to the waiting limousine, on getting to the vehicle, he opened the door for her to get in first before entering behind her.

'We have to be real tonight, and you have to act possessive when you see other ladies come after me' Alex said after raising the partition to keep the driver out of view and earshot.

Caroline stared at him with opened mouth, 'that will be so messy, I am sure to return to your house with as much enemies as possible' She said under her breath hoping he wouldn't hear her, but she was wrong as he answered her 'am I really that good looking to make you believe that would happen?' He asked her smirking at her, she groaned under her breath and decided to look outside the window instead of looking at him. 'I never said that' she said and they fell silent as the journey continued.

Alex reached for her hand as they got to their destination, the softness and smoothness of her hand had him caressing it. 'I know you don't really like the media, but there is nothin you can do about it, they are here tonight, and we are in to give them a show, ok?' 'I am going to have to kiss you alot tonight, don't just look shocked or scared, I promise, I won't be hard on you,' he said as his eyes roamed her face and lingered on her lips, slowly his head bent towards her's and before she knew what he was about to do, he kissed her slowly, sensualy, passionately as if his life depended on it, he thrust his tongue into her mouth and deepened the kiss, soughting for a response from her, and when she eventually gave in to his kisses they both felt the chemistry they had been suppressing for too long explode like a bottled up fire fire between them.

Alex felt himself go so hot for her even with the Aircondition in full blast. He put his hand on her feet and began to stroke her skin upwards when she stopped him.

'The event.... we.... we.... are going to be late for it' she said and readjusted her dress, while he groaned and raked his hair with his hand in frustration. 'Sorry,' he said and got out of the car, before going to her side to open the door for her and help her out.

The bulbs began to flash as they both steppe on the field and funny questions began to fly.

'Mrs Ambrose, do you love your husband because he is rich?'

'Mrs Ambrose, do you love your husband at all or you are after his money?'

'Mrs Ambrose.......'

'Mrs Ambrose, are you expecting a child soon?'

Alex fought his way with his wife in his arm away from the press. They are the same everywhere, wanting to know everything about you.

In as mush as he would like to deny it though, he loved the fact that he was enjoying his evening even before the main event. They got into the main hall, where the event would be taking place. He was met by Mr. Ryan, his friend who was a business tycoon from Texas, and his wife, Trisha, they were welcomed and directed to their table.

The menu for the evening meal arrived, but Caroline declined, asking only for sparkling water, while her husband ordered for pasta, with red wine sauce, topped with cheese and beef dipped in white wine sauce, Caroline stared at him like he had two heads, 'Alex, this is a fund raising event and not a food eating competition' She said. 'Yes my love, I know' he answered. 'When is the event starting?' She asked him. 'Very soon' he answered and caught sight of a familiar lady moving towards them, the lady was in a red short gown,  that show cased her slim long thighs, she walked seductively towards him and he was only able to recognize her when she got to his side. 'Hello darling' she said in a sultry voice, bending her knees to be able to place a kiss on his cheek, ' Hi Fiona, how are you doing?' He asked smiling at her. He stole a glance at his wife who seemed unbothered, 'Fiona I would like to introduce you to my wife, Caroline, Caroline Fiona'. He said, the silence that followed was awkward but he was thankful when his wife smiled coolly at Fiona and extended a friendly hand towards her, 'Hi Fiona,' she said but instead Fiona looked at her hand scornfully and ignored it before turning back to Alex, 'Alex darling, can we please get back together after your business deal with her?' Fiona said emphasizing on the last few words, Caroline stared at Fiona shocked and then at Alexander, she was boiling within her when her husband refused to say anything to Fiona, hurt and anger mixed violently within her and in as much as she tried to put a lid on it, it was impossible so she decided to vent it out, 'you know, being a bitch is enough for you, you don't need to try to add being a she-goat with it, and if I may remaind you, your filthy hand is on my Husband's shoulder and for your information, this is a Love match and not business, now you may use your legs' she said coldly, Fiona's eyes went wide with shock, while Alex's eyebrows shot up in amusement, he could not deny the fact that he was pleased with her, very very pleased with her.