Part 21

W.
Two more days until we get to interview the president. Today we will be heading to the White House for a run down among other things. After the dinner with Jere I try not to act like I knew something was up. So I don't think he knows. I'm still trying to figure out a way to know who is this other person.
If it was Shyla why would she warn me about him?
This is all too complicated for right now.
"You're awful quieter than usual." Brandon nudge me.
"Yeah, I'm just nervous." I said.
"Me too. I hope my stuttering problem don't act up when I'm interviewing the man." He shook his head.
"Damn, what if it do and you win?" We looked at each and started to laugh.
"Shit. The U.S will have a field day with me." He chuckled.
"I know I would." I said
"Tsk. Man. I'll kill you." He made a face I couldn't help but laugh.
Everything we had to do in the house was procedural. We got to see the room we will be using for the interview. It was a laid back minimalistic but professional set up. They had a couch for the interviewer and interviewee. There were lights and cameras already set up and we all got to see what our best angles were on the monitor with the help of our couch or supervisor.
People were just moving swiftly with equipments. Our supervisor showed us to our dressing room.
"Oh, I didn't know we share dressing room." Shyla said
"Yea, it said so on the application when we applied." Ly said.
"I must've missed it." I mention.
I honestly don't trust anybody at the moment. Not enough to share space on the day of the presidential interview.
We were all standing in a long hall way with many doors but only a few had labels on them.  We spotted a tall man walking towards us but we just assume he was apart of the crew to set up until he stopped.
"Hello, you all are the participants for the presidential interview correct?"
We nodded. He was dark with no facial hair but I could tell he was grown. What the do you look like under that tan suit is the real question.
"Good, My name is Quincy Toleman and I am the producer. I just wanted to give you guys a quick run down of what the day will be like and make sure everybody is on schedule." He smiled at me.

QUINCY! don't play with me cause your face looks like a seat right now. Look at his teeth. Oh. I peep a tattoo on his neck. Cute.

"Understood?" Quincy said.
"Huh? What? I'm sorry."
"Again, pay attention Miss....
"Bonner." I said.
"Ladies will be first, Shyla, Whitanie, Ly, then Brandon. Each interview is a total of 30 minutes. The president will decide who has the best questions and follow ups. The most accurate information and just the overall aesthetic of the interview will determine who wins. Try not to look nervous, you can feel nervous but don't look like it. And lastly respect. This is a very professional environment. Cool? Miss Bonner? Got that?"

"Yes thanks." I gave him a fake smile.
And he gave me one right back. Ok attitude.
"If there is any questions, my number is in the dressing rooms, lock it in." He looked at me.

Imma lock. it. innnnnn. Alright.
He smiled that walked away.
"Nice to see you again too Shyla." Quincy said behind him.
"See you again?" Brandon said.
"Oh so you wasn't gonna let us know you got picked last year too?" Ly said
"I didn't want y'all to feel intimidated." Shyla respond.
SUSPECT.
"Well shit, it would still be nice to know." Brandon said.
"Bleh. Anyways, so who's up for one last Shabang before the big day." Shyla smiled.
She don't ever want to do anything. So why now. I suspect her. She must be the one Jere was on the phone with. She's the only other girl here.

"Nah I'm good. I need to finish preparing." I said walking back to the van.
"C'mon y'all, we're gonna do great. Just a couple shots and food maybe and head in." She was cheery
"It do sounds like fun." Brandon said.
"Right. We got two days. I can prepare tomorrow."
"Yess, I love it. Whit?" She waited for I question.
"I guess one or two liquid courage wouldn't hurt." I said.
"Aye." She said throwing her hands up.
I don't know. Somebody is out to get me but I refused to be paranoid about it.
"Or maybe you should." Ly said
"Huh." I said
"Maybe Shyla should just wear a dress instead of jeans."
"Oh. Yeah." I said.
Weird.
________

"Hey dad." I answered my phone
"Hey darling, how's it going?" He sounds happy.
"It's going good. I have everything ready." I said
"Are you nervous? Excited." He asked
"More nervous daddy, it's Tv, it's the president of the U.S of A. But I'm prepared so."
"Awe that's good. Your gonna do great, I have good feelings about this hun. Kill dem dead."
"Alright dad, I'll talk to you later ok?" I laugh
"Ok good night."

I took a look in mirror one last time. My hair was a curly mess but still cute. I put my red leather jacket over my black tight jumper.
"Ok. I see you." I poke my butt out.
____________
I tried to open my eyes but it was too bright. I had a mean ass headache. My eyes finally adjust to the light beaming from a window I didn't recognize.

"Where the fuck?" I tried to get up. But failed.

I looked around and I had no clue where anyone is. I was in someone's house. Who's house?
I tried to get up again. I stood up. I smell like piss.
Did I pee myself? What the fuck happened?
I looked around there was a few people still passed out. Spilled drinks and cups were everywhere. I was definitely in someone's big ass living room.
Purse, phone, shit.
I looked around for my purse. I spotted it. Rolling this big body guy off my purse took a lot out of me. My phone and wallet was still there. Thank God. But my phone is dead.
Stepping over people I try to find a charger somewhere in this house. Why is everything white?
"E-
"Ahh. Shit." I screamed.
"My bad, I ain't mean to scared you girl." I heard voice from behind me.
"Who are you?" I asked turning around to see and shirtless sexy man sitting by the stairs smoking.
He was chocolate, dark chocolate. His abs where clearly visible and his tattooed covered chest.
"I'm Dj." He said standing up and walked over to me and I stepped back.
"I don't bite." He said
Yea but I do.
He reached over me and went into a drawer full of charger and gave me one.
"Keep it, people leave shit here all the time." He said and return to the bottom of the stairs.
"Thanks, and I only stepped back cause I smell like pee. Not because I'm scared or anything."
"Yea, you peed yourself last night." He laughed
"What? Oh God. I can't remember anything" I said.
I plugged my phone up to the wall n wait for it to show the little chanting logo.

"You know, you can shower here if you want." He said.
Do I want to? I mean I don't even know where I am. But do I really wanna sit in a uber smelling like piss.

"Yea, I think I'll do that." I smiled at him.
"The bathroom is upstairs 5th door to the right." He had a nonchalant aura about him. I slowly walked pass him so he doesn't get a smell of me.
As soon as I walked pass he got up and follow behind me.
"I'll get u something else to put on." He said.
"Ok. Thanks so much again." I smiled and he walked away.
I walked into the bathroom and it was bigger than my hotel room. I looked in mirror and was disgusted.
What the fuck happened? I was missing an eyelash, I can tell that I was crying maybe, I had bruises damn near everywhere.
I heard a slight knock on the door. I grabbed a towel and open the door. There he stood with a orange t shirt and some black shorts I'm assuming his.
"Thank you." I said and he nodded then walked away.
Weird.
I got out the shower and got dress in the clothes He gave me and head downstairs. My phone had some juice in it and I went to the uber app.
"I-
"GODDAMN IT." I screamed. "Why do you keep popping up out of nowhere?"
He just looked at me.
"As I was saying, I can take you home. " He said
"Nah you already did so much." I checked my phone "$50 for an uber back?Thank you, I would greatly appreciate if you do."
He smiled at me. It was like it escaped from wherever it was locked up at.
"Let's go." He said.
I followed him to his garage.
"What on earth do afford all this." I said
"I'm a lawyer."
"A damn good one I'm guessing."
He got in a car and I followed in the passenger side.
"I can't believe I peed myself, what exactly happened?" I laughed
"Well after you told you friend Brandon to go suck a dick. You kind of started drinking more, dancing on the tables, almost broke my window, threw up on my bodyguard almost started a fire and after that I remember you telling me you needed to pee but I was too late to even tell you where the bathroom is." He said it so fast, in a very calm tone.
"Damn, why did I tell Brandon to eat a dick?" I said
"So, that's all you got.... from that?" He laughed.
"I mean it seems like it started my.... down spiral." I said.
"Y'all was arguing, it was heated. That's why I intervened. I think you was about to hit him with a bat. I still can't figure out how you got my signed bat." He said.
"Damn. I'm sorry. How did we get to your house?"
"You and 3 others came back with me. But they left when you weren't ready."
I'm trying to remember what happen. My interview is tomorrow so maybe it has to do with that.