Chapter 13 - Hero

• SKY JAMES ANDERSON 

[English Class]

"Okay class, we will have a book report activity." said the professor. I don't know her name. And I have no plan to know.

DAMN!

What's with me?

I hate it.

I looked at my phone and saw the date and time: July 30, 2014 (Wednesday)

Fuck. It's almost August. Which means, another month has passed. And Ynna's been spacing out ever since she had her taxi drama. I still have no idea about what happened to her on that day. She won't even tell me everytime I am trying to ask. She's not even talking to me at all. She's exactly letting me feel what I was suppose to let her feel before when I was the one spacing out.

And man, it's hard.

I feel like talking to a ghost.

I am not alone but I actually am. Ugh.

I tried several times to talk to her. And yes, she would still respond. But in a different way.

Wala na yung makulit na Ynna.

I remember how I even promised her tito that I'll take care of her no matter what...

...but now I don't even know what's happening to us.

*Flashback*

*DING DONG*

A well-built man opened Ynna's condominium unit with a big smile. Could he be Ynna's secret boyfriend?

Nah. He's too old. He looks 40s.

"Good morning iho." he said. Iho? What's that?

"Good morning po." I responded. Emotionless.

"Sino ang hinahanap mo? Si Ynna ba o si Shibama? Wala dito si Caloy eh."

What the hell? Do I look like I am the gay's boyfriend?

And what the hell again? Who's Caloy? What a name.

But is there a guy living here in this unit together with Ynna?

Fuck. I'm guess I'm thinking too much.

"Iho?" he said again, disturbing my thoughts.

"Ah. Binibisita ko po si Ynna."

"Kaibigan ka ni Ynna?"

"Boyfriend po." I said with full confidence.

Was he shocked?

He remained silent for a minute before he found words to talk to me again.

"Ah. Okay. Ako naman si Peter Paredes, ako ang tito niya. Pasok ka."

I went in and sat at my usual place whenever I'm waiting for Ynna.

"Anong dahilan ng pagdalaw mo?" he asked.

"Magdadate po sana kami."

What the hell? Bakit kanina pa ako nagpo-po at opo sa kanya. I don't even know him! And he's just her tito! He's not the dad! But why is it that I feel the urge to respect him? And I hate to admit it but I am kind of scared of him especially when he started asking too many questions.