Patton x internet friend!Reader

A/N: this is a request from JD_IRL! I hope I did well! 

You came home from a long day of work, exhausted. You set down your keys on the counter, and spotted your laptop sitting on the couch.

Excitement washed over you.

About two years and a couple months ago, you had met a man named Patton online. You two had been having a dad joke war. He won.

You two had exchanged Twitter accounts and messaged each other frequently on there.

You had video-called once or twice. After your first video call, you knew you loved this man.

He loved dad jokes, animals, all sorts of games, cookies, and (Even though you didn't know at the time) you.

You ran over to your laptop, and logged into Twitter. There was a "Ping!" And itgave you a notification saying "Patton is online!".

You immediately messaged him.

P = Patton

Y = You

Y: Hey, Pat! How was your day?

P: My day was great! How was yours?

Y: Eh, same old, same old. 

P: Aw, I'm sorry! Your day should be great! Not just 'Okay'.

Y: Well, I'm about to eat some cookies, so my day is about to be a lot better!

P: Awe! I'll get some cookies too! Then we can eat cookies- TOGETHER!

You laughed, before getting up and grabbing a whole package of cookies. You didn't really want to bake, so you just bought cookies.

Y: I'm back!! With COOKIES!

You sent a picture of yourself, holding the package of cookies up.

P: I have cookies too!!!

He sent a picture of himself holding a plate stacked high with cookies. If you looked closely, you could see a guy dressed in a prince outfit standing in the kitchen behind Pat.

Y: Oh, hey! Did you make those yourself? Or did Princey?

P: Haha, I did. 

Y: How are they? I'm just eating store bought cookies. Wish I could taste yours!

P: They're amazing!!

P: WAIT

P: (Y/n), YOU CAN TASTE MY COOKIES!

Y: Pat, I can't! We're too far away, and you can't send edibles in the mail. 

(I think you can in real life but not in this fanfiction lol.)

P: NO BUT YOU CAN COME HERE!!!!

Y: I wish I could, Pat, but plane tickets are too expensive!

(I looked up from my city to where the city where Thomas is [I looked it up and it's Gainseville, Florida] and it's $600 and upwards)

P: I'LL HELP YOU PAY!

Y: WHAT

Y: I CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT! PLANE TICKETS ARE TOO EXPENSIVE!

P: You can't put a price on friendship!

Y: ...That is the sweetest thing I've ever read.

P: So will you let me help you pay?

Y: ...

Y: Fine.

You were ecstatic. You would meet your best friend and love interest of two years and like eight months soon!

(Yes Patton told you about the others and explained everything about them including the fact they're Sides)

Over the next three months, you and Patton worked together to save up enough money for a plane ticket.

But there were some complications on Patton's end.

•| WE'RE SWITCHING TO PATTON'S SIDE NOW|•

As Patton put more money into his bank account titled "^_^ (Y/n)'s plane ticket fund! ^_^"

Logan walked up behind him.

"Patton, why are you saving up money for a (Y/n)? Who is/are she/he/they?"

"She's/He's/They're (Y/n)!  She's/He's/They're a year younger than me, and my bestest friend!" And my crush!

Logan pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "Patton, you don't really know this person. After you give them the money, they'll probably just take it and sever all connections with you-" Logan watches him message you asking if you were going to take the money and never speak to him again.

Your response? No! Why would I do that?!

"See?" Patton looked at Logan triumphantly.

Logan sighed and walked away.

Patton explained to you what Logan had said. Once he finished, he logged off. It was, after all, time to bake some cookies.

•|TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE AMAZING SUPPORT OF EVERYONE WHO READ MY BOOK|•

Today was a very special day.

Today was you and Patton's three year anniversary of being friends.

Today was also the day your plane was landing in Gainseville.

The plane speakers crackled to life. "Alright, passengers, this is your captain speaking! We're about to land at our destination, please fasten your seatbelts!" 

You were jumping with joy and excitement.

You had decided that since today was so special, you were going to confess to Patton. 

A couple minutes later, your plane touched down. 

You bounced off the plane, and nearly tramoled a few people. You grabbed your bag from the luggage claim and waited there, looking for Patton.

You were about to give up and go sit down somewhere else when someone jumped on you from behind, nearly sending both of you to the ground.

"Guess who!" An all too familiar voice called out, as warm hands covered your eyes.

"Patton!" You squealed, turning around and hugging him. Pat hugged you back.

You eventually stopped hugging each other and let go.

"Hey, Pat, listen...I..." You laughed nervously. Even though he was only one year older than you, Patton was a lot taller.

You tried to think of the right words, to be smooth, but what you can up with... Was almost better.

"I LIKE YOUR FACE! DO YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR MOUTH ON MY MOUTH?" You mentally kicked yourself, thinking you'd ruined all chances with Patton.

You saw Patton grin, before he leaned in, and kissed you.

Fireworks went off inside you. You were surprised, but kissed back.

Patton pulled away from the kiss a minute later, smiled, and said, "That was fun. We should do it again! Would you like to be my girlfriend/boyfriend/special partner?"

You grinned, kissed him again, and said, "I thought you'd never ask."

A/N: Well, there you go, JD_IRL! I hope it lived up to your expectations!