Deceit x Reader

A/N: Okay, this is the last Literal-Mess request for now! Enjoy!

You watched the boy sitting across the cafeteria with suspicion. He claimed his name was 'Anwir', but you knew he was lying.  Especially since the name literally meant 'Liar'.

But it wasn't just his fake name's meaning that made you think he was lying. You had met someone who had a name that meant 'Demon' who was the nicest person ever.

No, you were like a human lie detector. You had long since learned to find the little thing and read between the lines. Sure, a lie could convince other people, but if it was a lie, you could tell. That's why you didn't believe a word this boy said. Everything he said was a lie.

He was sitting by himself in the corner of the cafeteria opposite you. The bell rang, signifying the end of lunch. Luckily, your next two classes didn't have 'Anwir' in them. Your last class, however...

•|TIMESKIP TO THE LAST CLASS CAUSE NOTHING INTERESTING HAPPENED|•

You entered room 3-2-18 and sat down in your usual seat by the window. The class started filling up, and everyone took their seats. Except one person, who didn't show up. There were two seats open- one next to you, and one two seats away from you. 

Upon hearing the door open, you looked up to see Anwir walk in.

Guess which seat he chose?

Yup, he sat right next to you.

Most of the class went as it usually did, with Mr. Fischbach being his usual amazing self. He made the class interesting and fun, which is why you almost didn't notice when Anwir passed you a note.

You gave him a confused look, but still read the note.

Why are you always mean to me?

Your confusion grew, but you wrote a reply and passed it back.

What do you mean?

He looked relieved and quickly jotted down something before slipping it back to you.

Don't think I don't notice when you look at me with disgust, or when you roll your eyes. Earlier I saw you looking at me in the cafeteria. You looked so disgusted at me. Why?

You noticed the tone of the note was passive aggressive, leaning towards aggressive.

Because you're a liar.

What makes you think think that?

I can tell. I have always been able to tell. Quit lying, and maybe you'll get some friends.

Meet me after class.

Why should I? How do I know this isn't a trick?

Instead of writing something down, he fidgeted before passing you an object. It was a yellow glove. You noticed it had Anwir written inside, along with an address and a phone number. You also noticed the many crossed out names.

The rest of the class went uneventfully, aside from a few sideways glances from 'Anwir'. After class you were the first out the door, and you waited impatiently for the liar.

He eventually exited the room, a sly smile on his face. 

"Follow me." He started walking out to the back of the school, where people rarely came.

"Okay. You want to know why I always lie? Fine. I'll tell you." He sat down and pulled something out of his backpack. It was a cloth.

He poured some of his water on the cloth and wiped his face with the cloth. You jumped up when you saw the scales covering half his face. He looked down, and mumbled something. You sat back down on the grass in front of him.

"What did you say?" You leaned in closer.

"I said ᵐʸ ⁿᵃᵐᵉ ᶦˢ ᴰᵉᶜᵉᶦᵗ." He mumbled the last part, making it inaudible.

"What? I can't hear you." You shuffled a little closer.

"I said my name is Deceit!" He looked up, and you two were so close you could have missed each other. Needless to say, you both jumped backward out of embarrassment.

"Why do you keep lying?" You asked, pretty sure you knew the answer but wanting to confirm.

"Before I came to this school, people didn't like Deciet-I mean me. So they... Hurt.. Deceit in more ways than one." Deceit looked away.

Instantly the regret filled you up. This person had been bullied at his past school for being himself, so he felt he had to hide behind a wall of lies to stay safe. 

"Deceit... Tell you what. I'll be your friend."

Deceit looked at up in shock. "You're lying."

"You'd be able to tell, wouldn't you?" You said with a small smile.

Deceit offered an even smaller smile in return.

•|ANOTHER TIMESKIP BECAUSE I'M LAZY AND DON'T READ OVER MY CHAPTERS AFTER WRITING THEM|•

It's been three years since you met Deceit, and boy were you glad you did because you scored yourself a great boyfriend. He was incredibly sweet when you two were alone, extremely protective no matter what, AND great at cuddles (And kisses).

So, I'd call that a happy ending, wouldn't you?