18

"U-um...Good-er. J-Juliana!" I turned my head, dragging my eyes across familiar looking faces. I hummed, almost chuckling as the young ones groan and huff.

The young ones always knew my real name, and they thought it was a fun game to keep it a secret.

"Um," All the older ones fumbled around. The one who was currently speaking was twisting a strand of her. Inwardly I made an "oh" shape and sound in my head. This was the chick that was obsessed with Donovan. "I just...We all wanted to say sorry but I owe it to you more than anyone else." I raised my eyebrow, she must've had to go through this near death experience to grow up.

She finally looked up and into my eyes, "I made all these girls treat you horrible, I just-you're so pretty and smart and you don't need to try so hard to get people to think you're cool...I was jealous." She confesses. "I'm sorry, please forgive me." I hesitated, looking at the small girls just behind me who were watching intensely.

I guess I couldn't be sarcastic and petty. I smiled, laughing a little. "It's fine, alls forgiven. I haven't forgotten, so don't feel to relieved." I watched with mirth as all their faces paled and eyes went wide. Obviously they know now my true identity, well, half of it. So they were terrified id eat them.

I let out a loud laugh, "Goddess! I'm just joking. We're all good." a few girls laughed with me.

The girl huffed, shaking her head at me but she slowly smiled. She walked closer to me, "It's Mina, okay? Remember that, I'll be the next leader of Province 3 Human Sanctuary." She stuck her hand out, I smirked and grabbed it.

"So tell me, you wolves have...like...mates right?!" Mina suddenly jumps in, her eyes wide and excited. I groan, the young ones were just asking me about that too.

"Yes, yes. I guess you can say I have one." All the girls suddenly squeal. Surrounding me in a circle, I narrow my eyes at them. Jesus Christ.

"No way!" One girl says, she sighs at me. "It's Justine." I nod my head not really registering it but I try.

"How'd you guys meet? Is it like...a universal thing?" I tilt my head side to side at the question that was asked.

"Mm, I guess you could say that. It's different for everyone, but you usually know your mate from birth. They're usually in the same tribe or at least in the same pack. For me, it was neither. He just popped up randomly." I suddenly feel a rush of emotions, my chest tightening.

"Oh my god! Juliana Good is blushing!" Mina suddenly screams, pointing her finger straight at my face. I suddenly wanna bite her finger off as everyone starts to laugh.

"Anyways," I growl. I suddenly missed when everyone was somewhat intimidated by me.

"So who is he? How is he? Is he cute?" Another older girl shoots out. I shrug my shoulders.

"He's....he's," Images of Kirishima's lips, nose, hands, shoulders, the whole package pops in my head. "He's pretty." They all snort.

"How did you know he was your mate?" Mina asked, her arms wrapped around her knees. They were all leaning in, a smile on their lips.

I could feel the sensation again, it was as if I was in a warm pool and then suddenly dumped in ice water. "I don't know, it was just, like my body was eager for something I guess? My body was tingling, and when our eyes met...it was like nothing I've ever felt before. He in general was something out of this world, I started to cry. It scared me,"

"Meeting this man who can bring this wave of uncomfortable emotions with just looking in my eyes. Because his eyes held something in them that...I've never been sure of. Love. How can someone, who just pops up, look at you like that? How are they so sure? How am I so sure?"

"It was as if I wasn't control of my body. I tried so hard to stop myself...but it's like it slipped through the slits of my fingers." I stood up straight, hiding behind my hands. "Oh goddess, I said too much."

All the girls laughed, "Juls, this is how a normal teenage girl is." Mina said, pulling my hands away from my face.

"Juliana! Juliana, wait up!" I looked over my shoulder, stopping my steps. Donovan smiled at me, on a crutch he swung over to me.

"Hey," He said as reached me. "None of us saw you at the luncheon."

"That's not my thing, plus it seemed far to grown up." I watched as Donovan laughed. No matter how lame or flat my voice was he always laughs at my jokes.

I sighed, knowing I'd have to say this now or never. I felt Kirishima, watching us right now. I looked up, watching as Donovan's face went serious and slightly pink. "Juliana, I hope you don't think I was...out of my mind when I told you I loved you. Because I do, I want you to stay by my side. I don't care that you're a wolf, I just want you with me as my wife. I know everyone would be happy to have you here. I'll try my best to make an offer to your father." I felt suffocated by that word and what he was offering.

"I love everything about you. I'm sure I'll make you happy, you won't be hurting anymore. I know you must've ran from your pack for a reason." Donovan breathed, reaching out to touch my cheek but I stopped him before Kirishima could.

"Donovan, thank you. Really, but I'm really am not what you're romanticizing in your head. You think I'm this broken girl right? Something you want to fix? I'm not like that. Love and the such mean nothing to me." I stare into his eyes, making sure he doesn't miss a word I'm saying.

"You're my good friend, you've always been kind which I appreciate. Thank you for that, you made it fun," I smiled, grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze. "I won't be able to give you my heart. I won't be able to give you the happiness you deserve." I shook my head, I sighed. "Oh, plus I have a mate." Donovan suddenly widens his eyes.

"Y-you do?" He questions looking around. The humans must know how possessive and territorial mates are. I chuckled, nodding my head.

"You're fine, he's able to somewhat control himself. But I do, it's Kirishima. I may not be able to love him but...but I can't live without him." Donovan looks down.

"I-I see...yeah...I must've forgot about that. I hope he knows how lucky he is. I'll never forget about you, Juliana." He gives me a painful smile, tears in his eyes.

We left soon after that. The numbers of Mina and all the other ones in my phone. As well as stupid pictures and other things.

I scroll through my phone, but it was soon whisked out of my hands as Kirishima suddenly slammed on the brakes. "Wha-" He unbuckles his belt, reaching over the middle console. He grabs the side of my face and molds our lips together.

My body goes weak, blood rushing to my head and a painful feeling in my stomach starts to grow. I squeal as he slips his tongue in, bringing us closer, my hands hold onto the base of his neck.

Finally he pulls away, leaving me gasping for air. He sticks his tongue out, swiping it over his bottom lip, his eyes dark looking over me. "I definitely can't live without you either." He starts to speed off on the rode again. I keep staring at him with shock, finally I gain my vocabulary back but the only word I could come up with...

"T-tongue..."