14

"Juls!" Hansel bursts out, a big smile on his lips. I smile to myself as he ruffles my hair, holding my cheeks in his hands as he looks down at me. The men and women around us laugh and shake their heads.

"Hey Juliana, where the fuck you been? Always comin around for a fight though." Yuki, a fellow warrior that was a loyal member of Hansel's gang. Since rouges aren't official packs and aren't apart of a tribe they call themselves gangs. She was funny and rough, never holding back an ounce of what she thought. There's always that one.

"What can she say? She was raised by that fucking beast!" Anton, another member, let out loudly. Everyone laughed, Hansel rolled his eyes. But as I looked around they laughed halfheartedly, not as hard as they wanted too.

But Hansel was in a good mood and everyone knew it. So it was a special occasion. I looked to the side of me, watching as Kirishima hung back. Watching from afar, his eyes locked on me.

It was early in the morning, it might be four now but we came around three thirty. I withhold myself from yawning, my eyes feeling droopy. Hansel sighed, clapping my shoulder with his hand that was around my arms. "Run with the gang while I prepare and make sure everything is going smooth." I nod my head, Yuki rushing towards me playfully.

She's the only one to ever get close. Well, and one other- suddenly I'm grabbed. "You should rest instead. You haven't slept in a day." Kirishima adds, holding onto my wrist with the intent on not letting go.

"It's just a run. I'll be fine." I twist my arm out of his lock and meet back up with Yuki who throws a glare at Kirishima. Her lips in a disgusted look.

"What the fuck is up with him? Is that your man?" Yuki asks, I shrug.

"We haven't decided yet."

By the time we come back it's already six. I stretch my limbs on the floor. Yuki pressing down on my back as I reach between my legs. "God, I'm fucking excited. I mean, even if I ain't the one going on the mission, at least I'll be patrolling." Yuki was young, not as young as me but, she was only 24. Her hair was dyed a soft brown, cut short barely at her chin. Her eyes this amazing green. She was taller than me, like every other full breed.

"You know, apparently your star crossed lover-" The whisper she spoke in my ear was cut short, I almost wanted to urge her to keep going. Yuki was the type to stir the pot, but I could tell as I looked in her eyes that wasn't her intention.

She gives me a grin, nodding at the question I couldn't say. She turned on her heel and left. I sighed, shaking my head. "No fucking way." I stood up on my feet and walked to where everyone was crowding.

"So, I've checked with the surrounding gangs. If we all split into teams, following just these three trails we'll be able to successfully ambush." Hansel spoke seriously, his voice hard and his face stone. My eyes left him and looked for Kirishima. But he was no where insight.

I followed Hansel to his tent, "Juliana, you and Benny should handle this operation pretty well. The Beta currently has the humans they were looking for locked up and are potentially going to kill them tonight. I don't care if the humans survive, but kill that Beta. If the Alpha is there, bring him to me." Hansel said, his eyes sharp, making sure we were paying close attention to his words.

I looked over the man whom I'm going with. Benny, who seemed so serious, looked over at me and grinned genuinely. I awkwardly shook my head, how the hell did Hansel get this pure kid?

He had birth marks on his deep carmel colored skin.

As Benny left I walked over to Hansel's cot, laying down and resting my head. "Have you seen Kirishima?" I asked as I turned on my side, my eyes closed.

Hansel hummed, "That boy always goes off on his own. He's around though, for sure. He ain't too possessive right?" Hansel said, a raise in his voice. I smiled, shaking my head.

"We barely talk. Or have interactions together, he can't be possessive." I answered slowly falling asleep. Hansel scoffed, taking a seat by the cot.

"Please, all you have to do is be his mate and be near a male." He grumbled. "Not that anyone notices Kirishima, but when they do they know right away not to go near you. Fuck! He even looks at me crazy!" Hansel exclaimed. "And I'm your damn pop!"

I open my eyes watching as his eyes grew big. I chuckled, reaching out, pressing my knuckles against his cheek. "Alright, Alright. I'm sure you're over exaggerating. He hasn't shown any of those signs. If he does, I'll be shutting it down the moment it happens." I mumble, falling asleep with that promise.

I was woken up an hour before the attack was going to start. Benny in the tent as I stretch my arms, he and Hansel talking about how we were going to enter in the chamber they're located in.

"Sounds good, Juls, I'll be outside." Benny said looking at me with a smile and nod. I tilted my head up at him, acknowledging his words. I jumped up and down quickly on my feet. I rolled my shoulders, Hansel handed me my things.

I tied everything together, gathering my hair in my hands and tying it high on my head. Hansel smiles at me, opening his mouth to say something but Kirishima throws open the tents flap. "What the fuck is going on, Hansel. I hear Juliana is the one going out to the fucking mission?!" His voice boomed, my shoulders jumped.

Kirishima looked over at me, his eyes were filled with a crazy rage. "Juliana, please take that off. You won't be doing the mission," he looked back at Hansel. "If you cared so much for your daughter you wouldn't risk her life for some pathetic reason. Have one of your other disposables do it. Not my mate. She's a halfbreed-" I flashed over to him, pressing my finger into his chest, but goddess did I want to do so much more.

"Who the fuck are you? I suggest you revise what you just said. Who are you to have a say in what I do?" I growled in his face, I can feel my blood boiling. "I can defend myself, you've seen it multiple times. Not that it's any of your fucking business, but for your piece of mind..."

Kirishima snapped back at me. "Baby, if I would've actually tried I would've snapped your head open with one hand." I chuckled.

"You've should've actually tried, I would've sliced and diced that one hand. And I would've shoved the other one up your ass. Listen, and I'm gonna say this once, no one tells me what to do. Understand?" I knock his shoulder.

"Juliana!" He yelled my name.

I looked over to Benny who looked worried but I just smiled at him, tilting my head. "Let's get this going."