09.

November soon turned to December.

My time with Hansel was up. He's been training me nonstop, leaving me no time for questions. But today, I'd make sure I'd get them. I've come to the understanding that Kirishima is my mate, I could never get rid of him, and I'd need to leave with him today.

"Here pup," Hansel said smiling at me, his eyes sad. "I know you were pissed when he broke your katana, so I made you a new one." He handed it to me with both hands, I accepted it. Looking at the beautiful sleek black piece of work, red flowers detailed over the cover. I had my jaw clenched.

"I don't want to leave." I mumbled. Hansel groaned, messing my hair up.

"You love your old man that much? You've always been too damn attached." He joked, I looked up at him. With a serious face.

"Hansel, I want you to be honest." There could only be one reason why Hansel was so loyal to Kirishima but so untrusting. I didn't want to say it, for the sake of not looking stupid if I was wrong. "He's the lycanthropy that killed his family. Isn't he." I watched as his face went blank. He stared right through me and I took that as my answer.

It all made sense now. Why he wanted me to be at my best. He believes I'm going to be killed by Kirishima.

"I've never wanted a mate, but I get someone who's not even a regular wolf." I scoff at myself, Hansel shakes his head.

"Hey kid, mates are a beautiful gift. My woman was the best gift I've ever gotten. I suggest you don't ever take that man for granted, the same goes for him. You may be a little fucked up emotionally but you've got a great thing goin' on inside." I wrapped my arms around him.

"Oh, what am I gonna do with you." He said signing, patting my head.

I was all dressed and ready to go, I could sense him already. It felt as if my body had come back to life, my fingers buzzing and my whole body trembling.  "Here's a phone, you call me if anything goes wrong." Hansel told me as he hands me a brand new IPhone device. I wore black high waisted cargo pants, a red crewneck sweatshirt, with a white turtle neck popping out.

Hansel looked me over, "You could've wore something more sexy for your mate." He grumbled under his breath.

"Why should I when I could care less about how that man sees me." I stood up just as there was a knock on the door. Hansel shook his head at me.

"Remember what I told you all those years ago? When you scratched me up in the face," I kept my jaw tight. "Not everyone is your mother, Juliana." He whispered in my ear, he walked passed me and to the door.

I don't remember following him out the door, to his car. I felt tired and restless at the same time. Who knows how long we drove for. I remember the silence.

It chocked me, and put me in a dark corner of my mind. It made me suddenly lose the color of what was outside the window of this car, and then suddenly I couldn't see anything at all, I was staring at a blank space.

My mind repeating the words Hansel told me.

The time I had clawed at his face was a month after I had been picked up by him. I thought, back then, that he was most definitely going to kill me.

"Hey, pup. What you draw-" I quickly turned so I could clearly see the weird man. I looked him over, narrowing my eyes at him, I look back down. I gripped the line pieces of paper in my hands, it was hidden behind my back.

My eyes quickly darted behind him, hearing movement and chatter. "Ah, these are some of my-" I quickly jumped on him. My claws out, I quickly scratched up his face. Screaming hysterically.