06.

My eyes snapped open, the soreness of my body hitting me like a truck. I wheezed as I moved to sit up, I grabbed at the sheets of the cot I was on. I looked around my surroundings, taking note that I was in a large tent. It was obviously Hansel's, the desk that sat maybe three feet in front of me was piled with papers and other things.

And the cot had a memory foam mattress. Hansel was very....prissy and bougie.

Suddenly the heavy folds of the tent had opened, Hansel walking in with a tired face. But as he saw me awake it instantly went to refreshed and relaxed. "The Princess has awoken. Took you long enough." The warm expression was gone and was now replaced with a angry one.

I hung my head down. I could tell I had hurt him when I left. Even though he's a notorious killer warrior, I like to think I have some kind of place in his heart.

"I-Old man..." I started to speak but I couldn't find the words. His back was faced towards me, his shoulders straight and stiff.

"If you left, you should've been at least working out and not fuckin' around. You were rusty and almost fuckin' died. That would've embarrassed the shit out of me, ya' know." He ranted, grabbing at papers he really wasn't reading.

I felt my lips twitch. "Yeah...I know. I'm sorry." My words were light but I meant it. I stared at his back hoping he'd turn around. And the old stubborn man did, slowly but surely.

I looked into his dark black eyes, his buzzed head, and strong nose and jaw. His skin was getting gentle wrinkles here and there from his rare and occasional smiles.

"Mm." Was all he said, he walked over to me and ruffled my hair with his large hand. "Now come here and let me check those wounds."

"So what were you doing in the humans sanctuary? What was that tribe attacking it for?" I asked as I put a jacket on. Hansel sighed deeply.

"It's all going to shit. Everyone's fighting for turf since they believe the last Lycanthropy is dead. As you know the Lycanthropy had set rules and had divided the land for the tribes but since they believe he's dead they've decided it's a time to expand." He explained to me as he laid down on the cot.

I raised an eyebrow, "So, you're saying the last lycanthrope isn't dead." The old man opened his eyes, looking straight into mine. His silence was definitely an answer.

I looked away, "Did the humans make it safe? All the children?" I asked expectantly.

"Yes, they were very grateful. But because of your heroic little act, you've got a warrant over your head. The Alpha of the tribe members you killed is looking to collect your head. What are ya' gonna do, kid?" Hansel was acting dumb, he knew all that I could do was stick with him.

I crossed my arms over chest. "Are you still living in the red light district?" I asked nonchalantly.

"What's it to you?" He said stubbornly, his eyes still closed. I glared at him. "You left didn't you. You made that decision all by yourself Juliana." It's been so long since I heard my name I almost forgot it. My face kept straight.

"I had to leave. If I would have stayed you would've gotten shit for keeping a half-breed. I was doing you a favor." I grumbled, his eyes shot open and he looked over at me.

"That wasn't for you to decide. I knew what I was doing when I picked your ass up from the street." He looked me over. "Still as blank as ever, huh? I'm surprised the humans didn't sniff you out." He changed the subject.

"Human girls are very emotional. They're driven by strange things." I answered. Hansel chuckled.

"I missed ya, kid." He said as he closed his eyes, a small smile on his lips. "I was pissed the fuck off when I noticed you left that day. I went searchin' for ya for weeks. You better pay me for that, I'll expect a foot massage." I snorted and shook my head.

"You wish, old man." I leaned back in the chair, watching as his laughs slowed and he drifted off to sleep.

As Hansel slept I slipped out of the tent, grabbing my katana just in case. I looked around the forest. The tress tall and thick, the fog had settled low I could barely see my hand in front of me. I let out a sigh, stretching my legs. Wincing as I tried to roll out my neck.

According to Hansel I was out for four days. I had healed but I still have a long way to go.

We were set to go to the red light district tomorrow. I don't know what I was feeling. I felt in denial, I didn't think it was possible for Hansel to care for me to the point that he went looking for me for weeks nonstop. I couldn't believe him.

I scoffed at myself, I had major mommy problems. I looked back over my shoulder, looking back at the tent. Yet suddenly the air shifted, my throat felt tight and goosebumps rose from my skin.

I let out a shudder, gasping as I felt heat creep onto my body. Tingles in the tips of my fingers. I took a step back, gripping onto my katana. I looked around desperately.

I couldn't even find my voice. If I wanted to scream out to Hansel I just knew I couldn't. I felt the presence coming closer, the sound of foot steps nearing had my hands trembling.

I swallowed hard as I felt a hand touch my face. The shock it gave me made me gasp. I stumbled away from the cold hand. The smell of this man had my senses out of wack. I was completely and utterly out of control.

I quickly drew my katana. "Who the hell are you." I growled. Squinting my eyes so I could see the figure better. As it stepped closer my body began shaking eagerly. My breath came out in short pants.

I felt my wolf urge my body to go to the man but I willed myself to keep my stance. "If you move one step closer I'll collect your fucking head." The man didn't listen, in fact he moved quicker. He got close enough, to wear I felt his warm breath. I shiver as I feel him hovering over me.

The same hot stare I've felt just days ago had came from him. "S-Step back!" I swung but the long katana had been caught by his hand. I watched, tears burning in my eyes, as the man gripped my katanas blade in his hand. Blood spilling down the silver of the blade. I let out a sob, crying because I caused this.

I was in war with my brain. I was crying uncontrollably, but I still kept pushing the blade into him. With a strong snap, my katana broke. My breath caught in my throat as he cradled my face in his hands. His blood staining my cheeks.

Through my teary eyes I looked at the most beautiful, dark, and ominous looking man I've ever seen.

He bent down to my level, his eyes staring into mine. "If you trying to kill me it shouldn't be with such a weak, silver, katana."

hey guys good morning-ish lol

hey guys good morning-ish lol. I hope you guys like this chapter. She finally meets her mate!!! In a crazy way lol. Don't be shy to drop some comments I love reading them :)