16

I watched Donovan, my eyes not leaving him. My shoulders straighten as I watch him twitch, until he finally jerks up. His eyes snap open, I walk over to him. Pressing my hand on his shoulder.

"You're alright Donovan. You're alright." I told him gently, his eyes slowly lost their panic. I smiled at him. "You feel a lot better right? I told them to use the best stuff they had." I looked over his body. He seemed to be healing well, all that matters is the stuff that was hurt internally was good as well.

"How long...?" His voice cracked.

"A day and a half." I answered. "Let me go get the nurse-" He quickly grabbed my hand. Squeezing it with urgency. I look back at him surprised, I chuckled. "Or not. Saul!" I yelled instead. "Saul! Get in here he's awake!"

Saul walked in, "Fucking hell, Juliana! Shut the fuck up." I ignored him and just watched as he gave Donovan a physical. Checking his vitals, Saul looks to me. "He's all good. He shouldn't be doing anything crazy though. He'll need a cast as well but we'll leave that to the humans." Saul said, not talking directly to Donovan.

"Thank you." Donovan said, with an annoyed face. Saul just glanced back at him.

"Hansel's looking for you, Juls." He let me know before leaving.

I sighed, looking at Donovan and smiling. I helped him back on the bed, leaning over him as I adjusted his head and pillows. "Are you good?" I moved away, his face all flustered. Oh yeah, he thinks he has feelings for me.

"Y-yeah," He cleared his throat. "So your name is Juliana. It suits you." His face was still badly bruised, scars forming. "It's crazy to think that you're actually one of them...even though-" He cut himself off, laughing shyly. "It's just, even if you weren't always so emotionally there I wouldn't think you were one of them." He finished, looking at his hands.

"Well, technically I'm not." I said shrugging my shoulders. Before he could ask any questions Hansel walked in, Donovan's eyes seemed to go wide and fill with fear as the big man walks in.

Hansel looks him up and down, "Those people you're referring to saved your ass and all the other humans back at your sanctuary. Yeah those assholes are ignorant and rude but you should still say it with a bit more respect." Hansel said, starring Donovan down as he nodded and gulped down hard.

"And you," Hansel said looking over at me. "You did good kid. Now please go clean yourself up." He was already pushing me out before I could say yes or no.

I washed off the dried blood from my face and body. The wound I had gotten had healed up pretty nicely, but a nasty bruise had formed. I sigh, grabbing my face wash and depositing some in my hand.

All through the night I couldn't stop thinking about Kirishima. How he had the audacity to try and get in the way of the mission. Basically saying I'd die on there because I was a weak halfbreed. That he'd only been playing with me that day when we spared.

I clench my jaw, I know. I already know he could kill me if he wanted to. But he didn't have to be such a dick about it. If he was so worried he could just end all this right now.

I slid my legs into my teal track pants, pulling on a white crew-neck for my top. I grabbed my white trainers, socks already on my feet. Tingles popped on my skin, my favorite smell hits my nose. This mate thing was scary.

I looked up, meeting eyes with Kirishima. "I need space from you." I told him bluntly. I did, but didn't. I wanted to step away from him, but I didn't. I couldn't. He was wearing a white turtle neck, and a heavy looking black jacket with black cargo pants. He looked so amazingly great and I hated him for it.

It made me think I was overreacting, especially with that never changing lax look on his face. His hair was neat, a slight part. It was long enough to fall over his eyes but not long enough to touch his nose or chin.

As he stepped closer I grew more anxious, my heart lurched. "You can't demand and belittle me, or try and keep me in a box. Just because you're my mate-" I was silenced with his lips, all the electricity followed between us. His fingers held my chin, slowly moving to capture my cheek.

His tongue plunges itself in my mouth, the sparks I felt seeping deeper into. He grabbed the small of my back, picking me up and walking to the cot. Laying me down, parting my legs he pressed his knees between them.

I fisted his hair, gasping as he moved down. Kissing at my neck, I whined as he sucked at the sensitive skin, his tongue lapping against the tender spot. "Kirishima, n-not in Hansel's," I whimpered, he pulled away, his fingers brushing against the mark. I shivered as he did, my fingers trembling.

His eyes holding my gaze. "I'm not going to apologize. But I want you to know what I meant by what I said yesterday." He lowered himself again, kissing my speechless lips. He kissed my cheek, and then my the corner of my eye.

"I don't understand why you should put yourself in a dangerous position. You against five others? Just one person, someone you don't even know, to help. You are strong and quick but you won't know if that's enough. I need you to be careful because I can't lose you. You're the most important thing to ever walk into my life."  I searched for something in his eyes, in his voice. something that would let me know if he was joking. But I found nothing.

He left me no choice, my stubborn streak leaving. "Okay. I won't take those type of missions anymore." He smiled broadly, my eyes fluttering as he brushes his lips against mine.

"Another thing, make sure to get rid of that human before I have the chance too." He smirked at me sinisterly.

Kirishima walked with me as we walked back to where Donovan was staying. "Juliana..." Donovan trailed off as he saw Kirishima behind me. His face was stained with tears, Hansel had delivered him the news about his father I guess.

"We'll be sure to claim victory in your name as well. Your fathers death won't go without revenge." Hansel said, but Donovan shook his head.

"No, no-he'd never want that. I don't want that. Just make sure you settle things, don't put anymore human lives on the line." His voice was hoarse, I looked down.

I walked over to him, putting my hand on his shoulder. "Let's get you home."

I hope this book blows up >

I hope this book blows up >.< it's really my favorite how have you guys been? It's been almost a week since I updated my bad lol