Chapter 89: A Punch in the Face and A Plane Ride

-Harry's POV-

The lift doors close and I slide down the wall till I'm sitting on the floor.

I ruined everything. I fucking ruined everything. She was actually going to forgive me for the horrible shit I had done and be with me.

The door to my room opens across from me and the girl who's name I don't even know emerges from it, thankfully in her own clothes now.

"I'm going now. I'll see you around Harry."

"I doubt it." I murmur back.

"You don't remember me do you?"

I look up at her without responding.

"I'm part of the food staff for the tour." She answers, "I help feed all the stage hands."

"Just lovely." I sarcastically reply. Before she was just a face in a crowd, one of many I never really paid attention to. But now her face will always catch my eye, there to remind me what a compete and utter prick I am.

I immediately feel bad for being so rude to her. It's not her fault I got pissed and totally fucked up.

"Sorry." I apologize, resting my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands.

"Doesn't matter. Well if you ever want to have another go at it, just let me know. And don't worry, I don't like to stay with a lad more than one night. I tend to get bored quickly." She smiles, pulling out her phone as she heads down the hallway. I sigh in relief that she obviously doesn't give a crap about what happened last night. One less mess to deal with.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, having ignored the constant buzzing coming from it since I set down. I see I've missed multiple calls and texts from Louie last night.

12 New Text Messages

Louie

~Mate, where are you?

~Haz, answer your damn phone now.

~What the fuck mate! I go to call a cab and you just fucking disappear on me? Where are you?!

I close my phone, not wanting to read anymore. Not only did I fuck up my relationship with Ava last night, but I apparently ditched my best mate, who was also dealing with heartbreak.

Heartbreak.

Now I understand why it's called that. My heart literally fucking hurts in my chest, causing pain like I've never felt before.

I can't just leave it like this. I love her way to damn much not to fight for her. For us.

I doubt she will ever forgive me. I know she shouldn't. But I can't live with myself if I don't try.

I haul myself up off the floor and head down to the lobby.

I manage to convince the girl at the front desk to tell me what room Ava is in and give me a key to it. I know she won't ever answer me if I just knock and desperate times call for desperate measures.

After taking the lift up to the sixteenth floor, I find myself in front of Ava's door. I knock, not wanting to have to just barge in if I don't have to. I know it won't make her happy if I just walk in, but if I have to I will.

Not hearing a sound come from the other side of the door, I knock once again before swiping the key card and opening the door.

I expect to be met with a very angry Ava, but the room is empty. Well, not completely empty. Along the foot of the bed is proof.

Proof that we really are over.

I walk over to the bed, and run my fingers across the keyboard I bought her. The one she wrote so many beautiful songs on.

I then pick up an envelope next to it and pull out every single check she was given for writing for us. She had never cashed one.

Next to the envelope is the Blue Tiffany's box holding the bracelet I gave her yesterday.

Lastly I pick up a piece of paper that has been ripped into four pieces. I lay it out on the bed, piecing back together her contract. It had been signed with a date of yesterday.

She was going to stay.

She was going to stay with me.

But she's gone. And she left behind everything that tied her to me.

I slowly pick up all the items and carry them back to my room. They're all I have left of her and I'll never let them go.

I sit on my bed, staring at my phone, trying to decide if I should call her. What would I even say if she answered? Nothing I could ever say would be enough. No, I need to do something more.

I need to find her.

I quickly grab my bag, shoving my things into it before pulling my boots on. I walk out the door and into the hallway, hastily pressing the button to call the lift over and over again.

After what feels like a lifetime it dings and the doors open.

"You!" Poppy yells and points at me the second she sees me standing outside the lift.

Niall is standing behind her, his eyes wide with fear.

"Where did she go?" I question as Niall shakes his head at me.

Instead of answering Poppy walks up to me and punches me right in the eye. My hand instinctively goes up, covering what I'm sure is already turning purple.

"Shit Poppy!" I yell, rubbing my eye.

"You bloody fucking wanker shit of a prick bastard!!" She screams at me before lunging at me again.

Niall grabs her, holding her back from trying to rip me apart with her bare hands.

"Poppy please just tell me where she went." I plead with her.

"You really thinking I'm going to bloody tell you that!? Are you that fucking daft in the head?!"

"I made a mistake. I have to make it right."

"A mistake?! Are you shitting me?! You made choices. Fucking horrid selfish choices!" She lunges at me again, cursing Niall for keeping hold of her.

"Please Poppy.. I love her. Tell me where she went."

"You told me you wouldn't hurt her! You promised me if I told you everything you would never hurt her. And now you want my help? Well fuck you Harry! I told you if you ever hurt her I would never help you. I told you I would make sure you never got her back. Stay away from her!"

I shake my head at her. "Can't do that."

I turn and walk through the door to the stairs, jogging down them as I pull out my phone to ring Paul.

"I need a flight to London." I say the second he picks up.

"What?"

"I need a flight to London. Now. The next flight available."

"Harry you have a show tomorrow night."

"I'll be back." I lie, knowing he won't help me if I say otherwise. "It's an emergency. Please Paul."

"Fine. But your arse better be at sound check tomorrow."

"It will." I assure him.

"I'll have a ticket waiting for you at the airport." He informs me before hanging up.

Forty five minutes later I'm on a plane headed to London, going after the only thing that makes sense in my life right now.

Ava.