Chapter 41: Hiking

-Ava's POV-

Dropping my bags on the floor, I throw myself onto the bed. A real bed! God, I forgot how wonderful they are.

We have been on the bus for eight straight days. Doing a show then leaving and driving overnight to get to the next venue in time. It has been hectic and I have no idea how the boys are doing it. I'm completely exhausted and I get to nap during every concert.

I pull out my phone to check the schedule for the next few days. We have today off, tomorrow there is a show and after party, then the next morning it's back onto the bus. Time has been going by so quickly I now only have a little more than a month left on my contract. I'm trying not to get my hopes up to much about them wanting to extend it, but I really hope they do.

So far I've helped them write twelve songs, five of which they've already recorded on the road, setting up makeshift sound booths in various hotel rooms. The rest they plan on recording in LA during the off week after the European run has finished. Two of them are for sure going on their next album, which is just mind blowing.

I've also sold one of my old songs to a female artist who plans to release it as a single next month. Apparently she saw a YouTube video someone posted of me singing it at the club and loved it. Of course the musical arrangement is going to change some but the lyrics and melody won't. I can't wait to hear what she does with it.

I really can't believe how my life has changed the past few months.

I just finished a song I wrote on my own for the boys. I plan on playing it for them sometime in the next few days. I wanted to surprise them with it cause it's about a subject I know they would never bring up themselves.

It always amazes me how they handle hate from the press and even some fans when they do the smallest thing wrong. It's like everyone is just waiting for them to mess up so they can pick them apart.

But they always handle it with such dignity and never let it get to them. They still manage to remain positive with the constant stream of criticism that's always being thrown at them. It's literally like they are bullet proof.

I sigh and roll over on my stomach, trying to decide what to do with the rest of my day. As I go over my options my phone beeps, alerting me that I have a new text message.

1 New Text Message

Leee-ummm

~Hey Love. What are u up to this afternoon?

To Leee-ummm: I was just trying to figure that out.

~Well how about you spend it with me? I was going to go check out some of the sites near by and I need a hiking buddy.

To Leee-ummm: Yeah that sounds great!

~Ace! Meet u in the lobby in twenty?

To Leee-ummm- See you then :)

I quickly shut my phone and open up my suitcase. I grab a pair of blue jeans, a tank top, and a flannel shirt. After I change I pull on some big socks and a pair of black hiking boots then I pull my hair back into a low pony tail. I don't want to carry a bag so I just grab my id and a card out of my wallet.

I head down to the lobby where I find Liam waiting for me. We both laugh when we see we are matching. He is also wearing a tank top, jeans, and a flannel which he has tied around his waist.

"Ready?" He asks as he pulls a beanie on.

I nod and we walk outside, finding a small group of fans who excitedly run up to us. Liam of course takes pictures with all of them and signs a few things.