Chapter 62: "You need to go. Now."

-Ava's POV-

When I finish playing the song, I return to my seat in the same row as my parents. They glare at me as I sit down, no hint of sadness on either of their faces. Just hate.

They wouldn't even acknowledge me before the ceremony. Not that my feelings are hurt, I expected as much from them.

I feel so alone sitting in the long empty row with just them on the other end of it. I was so devastated when I heard my grandmother had passed. We were always so close, except for the last few years. I never shared with her what I was going through. She was already ill, and I didn't want to add another burden on to her life.

She had no idea Scott and I had an annulment. I never told her and my parents wanted nothing more than to keep it a secret as long as they could. She thought I went overseas to study, and she was happy for me. I never had the heart to tell her any different, not wanting her to hurt for me.

The final song is announced and we all stand. Memories flood my mind as the music plays, and I can't stop the tears streaming down my face thinking of the woman who was a mother to me and a dear friend.

I lean over and grab my clutch to pull a tissue out of it. I hear my father scoff as I do so, and I look up to see him glaring at me once again. He only ever saw me as a part of his business plan and I was a failure to him. So he did to me what he did to all his other business ventures that flopped, he cast me out of his life completely.

I see him and my mother narrow their eyes as they look past me, and I jump when I feel a hand on my arm.

I turn, and my mouth drops open at who's standing next to me.

Harry.

He's wearing a black suit and his eyes are red. How long has he been here? Why is he here? Did he follow me from Europe?

So many thoughts run through my mind as he just stares at me with hopeful eyes. So I do the only thing that comes to mind.

I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my head into his chest.

His arms come around me tightly, one on the back of my head, running over my hair as I full out sob into his dress shirt. He kisses my forehead multiple times as he rubs my back.

I compose myself as the song ends, and he takes a seat next to me on the bench. He puts his arm around my shoulders, holding me closely to him.

We are all dismissed and many people come up to me and give me their condolences. I look over at my parents and sudden fear overtakes me. Harry shouldn't be here, now they know about him. And I know better than to think they wouldn't do whatever they can to make me as miserable as I made them by breaking their business deal.

When we finally have a moment alone, I quickly turn to him, "You need to go. Now."

"What? Why?" He asks, confused by my sudden change in mood.

"And who is this young man?" I hear my fathers voice behind me, making me cringe.

I try to plead Harry to leave with my eyes, but he shakes his head at me. He puts his arm around my waist and turns us towards them.

"Harry." I respond to my father quietly.

"Hmmmm. Poor replacement for Scott if I do say so myself." He says hatefully, looking Harry up and down.

"Yes, it's a shame she is with someone who doesn't beat the shit out of her." Harry says sternly, making me choke on my own spit. Oh my god, I've never heard anyone speak to him that way.

My father widens his eyes, shocked at Harry standing up to him.

"You better watch your mouth boy." He snarls as my mother takes her place beside him. I inwardly scream, knowing this is only going to get worse.

Harry laughs. He actually laughs at my father, "Or what?"

"Or we'll send you back to the gutter you crawled out of.", My mother spits at him. "Seriously Kelsey, you are associating yourself with this trash? He's only after you for your money."

"Don't you dare speak of him that way! You don't even know him. And he has no need for my money." I raise my voice at her.

"Ah, yes. Harry Styles. You got yourself a little celebrity boy. I almost forgot." My mother shakes her head at me, plastering a fake smile across her face, "You're pathetic Kelsey."

"Don't you fucking dare speak to her that way." Harry sleathes, narrowing his eyes at both of them. I feel his grip on my waist tighten, almost to the point of causing pain. "Ava, we're leaving... NOW."

Harry starts to pull me away from them, but my father grabs my arm roughly yanking me away from him.

"She's not going anywhere. We have a will that needs to be read." He tightens his grip on my arm, causing me to winch in pain.

Harry quickly shoves him back, causing him to let me go. He steps in front of me, glaring down at my father. "Do NOT touch her."

"Kelsey, you must be here for the reading of Katherine's will, or no one gets anything." My mother speaks up.

"I don't care about getting any of her money." Of course this is what this is all about. Money.

"Well we do. The lawyer is here now."

I shake my head at them, "You are planning on having her will read at her funeral!?"

"Yes, so stay for it, then you can go. And we won't make you regret bringing this trash to my mothers funeral." My father spits.

"Ava, let's go." Harry orders. I shake my head at him. I can only imagine what they would do to Harry if I didn't do as they asked. They would make it their mission in life to ruin him, and I can't let that happen.

"It's not worth it." I frown at Harry before turning to my father, "I'll stay, but once this is done you leave us both alone. For good."

"Agreed." He smiles. It makes me sick that I'm the one who put the smile on his horrid face.

He snaps his fingers and out of nowhere a small beady eyed man appears.

"Please follow me to one of the offices in the back." He says in a high pitched voice.

My parents follow him towards a door behind us. Harry grabs my hand, entwining it with his, but I quickly pull it away.

"Harry, you need to go."

"Like hell I'm leaving you." He scoffs at my demand.

"You have no idea what they could do to you. You need to leave now."

"No."

"Yes, you should of never come in the first place."

"Well I'm already here, and I'm not leaving you." He determinedly says, grabbing my hand once again.

"Kelsey! Get in here now!" My mother screeches from a doorway. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Not a sound I've missed.

Harry doens't give me a change to fight with him any longer as he pulls me towards the office.

The office we enter into is very dark, with wood mahogany covering the ceiling and walls. There is a very large conference table in the middle of the room, with eight chairs surrounding it. The lawyer is sitting at one end of the long table, and we both take a seat across from my parents.

He opens his briefcase and pulls out a large file, spreading several sheets of paper in front of him.

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! I spend hours and hours writing this and it only takes a second. It would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)