Chapter 5: Literally Frozen

-Ava's POV-

I did it! Thank god thats over!

I hit every chord perfectly. Lords know how, but I did!

I rush back into my dressing room and do a little happy dance. That went so great! Well, the stuff after the whole thinking I was gonna die part.

My dressing room door flies open and Poppy comes bouncing in.

"You absolutely smashed it Ava! I'm so proud of you!"

I can't contain my smile. Then I remember what I'm really here for. "Did you see anyone important out in the audience tonight?"

Poppy sighs. "No, no one that looked like they were from a record label. But I couldn't see everyone out there. Don't give up hope Ava. It will happen for you."

"I won't, at least not tonight anyway. Tonight we celebrate!" I embrace her in a hug.

Poppy laughs. "Yes! Tonight I plan getting royally pissed and snogging the face off some lucky bloke."

I roll my eyes. "We'll I don't think I'll be celebrating in the exact same way, but we will have a blast!"

"You could use a proper snog tonight Ava. Have you even had one since you moved to England?"

I remain silent. Why does everything always have to end up being about me needing to shack up with someone?

"Seriously Ava. Get back on that horse! You don't wanna forget how to ride!"

"Ugh!" I rake my hands through my hair, pulling at the ends. "Can we please drop this?"

"Fine, fine I'll drop it..." I look up to find the biggest smile spread across her face. Oh no, now I'm worried.

She tries to feign being serious, while raising her right hand in the air. "I solemnly vow I will FOREVER drop this topic IF you do one simple thing."

"What is it? Please just tell me so I can get it over with!" I'm practically begging, but I don't care, I would love for this topic to be forever closed to discussion.

She continues on. "If you do this one thing, from here on out you can be little Virgin Mary all you want."

"Wonderful! Now out with it. What must I do?" Honestly I'm slightly scared. You never know what Poppy is gonna come up with. This could be bad. Really bad. But not as bad as the constant sex talks right?

Right. Yes, I'm doing this.

"I want you to kiss the first bloke you run into tonight. A simple peck would suffice, but it must be on the lips."

I sigh in relief. That's not so bad. Just a little peck. I got this.

"Okay I'll do it."

Poppy chokes on her own spit. She wasn't expecting that.

"Right. Great! But I will be keeping an eye on you tonight, waiting for you to chicken out."

I start pushing Poppy towards the door. "Oh I'm doing it! Now get out of my dressing room. I need to go grab my check from the manager."

"I'll see you at our table. Now don't forget the lip balm, no one wants to kiss someone with flaky lips!" Poppy laughs and heads down the hall.

I roll my eyes and head to the managers office to grab my check.

"Here's your check. And don't forget you are on again Wednesday and Friday. You did good tonight. Job well done."

"Thanks Sophia, that really means a lot. I'll see you on Wednesday."

Leaving her office I head to meet my friends. I have a feeling tonight is gonna be great!

Walking out of the stage access door, I see my friends across the way. There's a couple other people standing with them, a man and a woman, but their backs are towards me, so I can't tell who they are. As I get closer I hear Poppy babbling on about something.

"....when I found her in her dressing room with her head between her knees trying not to pass out, I knew she needed the Poppy pep talk. And a bit of a push!" Poppy laughs.

Oh my god, must she always embarrass me!? No one needs to know about my minor meltdown backstage!

I rush towards group. "Poppy please! You're embarrassing me again!"

I'm so gonna ring her neck! She looks slightly scared as I stomp towards her. Just as I'm about to pass the man I don't know, he swiftly turns around.

Smack! I ran right into him. Crap that hurt! His chest was like... wow, really hard.

I look up, ready to give my apologies. My eyes meet his and I gasp. Thankfully silently.

I'm frozen. Literally I can't move. Those eyes... Holy crap! They're the most beautiful green color. I follow them down to his lips which immediately break into a smirk. Dimples. Wow. I'm pretty sure I may have just gotten pregnant from his smirk alone... Shit! Pull yourself together Ava! Your drooling! I mentally slap myself across the face.

"I-I'm so so-sorry!" I finally spit out. Wow Ava, way to be smooth. Great way to talk to fricking Harry Styles! I'm worse than a 12 year old fan girl right now. God I'm so mortified!

He chuckles and smiles down at me. "No harm love. I'm Harry. Have been wanting to meet you."

Holy shit.

I can't breathe.

My voice is still refusing to work. His of course works, sounds completely calm, and oh yes, is so hot! The way his accent rolls off his tongue... STOP IT AVA!'

Poppy walks up to me, putting her arm around my shoulder. Thank god Poppy, help me!

But she doesn't speak to him, she turns to me. Does she not see that I'm currently unable to speak!?

She laughs, then looks at Harry and back at me. The smile on her face has me petrified.

"Harry Styles, probably not the FIRST GUY you figured you would RUN into tonight, huh Ava?"

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! It only takes a second and it would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)