Chapter 85: "What did you do?"

-Ava's POV-

"Letters?" I ask Margaret, not having a clue what she's talking about.

"The letters you sent to me and Thomas here letting us know you wouldn't be able to take over Katherine's role in the charities." She answers, looking at me like I have two heads.

"But I didn't send any letters.."

"But we got them just this morning." Thomas speaks up, "They were delivered to the office in Paris by messenger."

"But that's impossible, I never wrote or sent any letters." I shake my head.

"They had your signature on them darling. If you wish to reconsider, please just let us know." Margaret smiles at me, looking a little concerned.

I start to ask her another question, but we are interrupted by the caterer having some flan emergency, and suddenly Harry and I are left alone.

"I don't understand. How would they get letters from me?" I stare across the room, not focusing on anything as I try to think about what could have happened.

"Ava..." Harry starts but is cut off by Niall as him and Poppy walk up.

"What's going on?" Niall asks, taking in my worried expression.

"Margaret just told me she received letters from me this morning saying I couldn't work with her charities."

"What's the problem with that?"

"I didn't send any."

"What?" Poppy asks.

"I didn't send any letters." I repeat myself.

"Well what does it even matter? You're staying with us anyway." Niall shrugs his shoulders.

Harry grabs my hand, trying to get my attention but I ignore him.

"Why would you say that?" I ask, only getting more confused.

"Cause ya re-signed the contract! Are you getting daft in the head Ava?" He laughs.

"What? No I didn't."

"Saw it myself this morning. Had your signature on it. Harry showed it to me."

"What?.."

"Ava." Harry grips my hand tightly to get my full attention.

I look up at him and see what looks like fear in his eyes.

"Can I talk to you alone please?" He asks, his voice sounding forced.

I nod, a bad feeling sweeping over my body as we excuse ourselves from Niall and Poppy and head out onto a balcony.

Harry closes the door to the balcony behind us, leaving us with muffled sounds of music as he walks me over to the edge of the balcony and stops.

I wait for him to speak, but he just stands there staring at me.

"Can I kiss you?" He finally speaks.

"What? Harry what is going on?"

"Please Av... can I kiss you?"

"Yes, but I'm really confus..."

My words are cut off as Harry grabs my face and crashes his lips against mine. He walks me backwards until my back hits a wall and presses himself into me. He places one hand on the back of my neck and the other on my waist, his grip on me so tight I'm afraid he may leave bruises. The kiss is full of desperation, only making me feel more confused.