Chapter 2: Hair or Tattoos

{Check Pic above for what Characters look like! :}

-Lou's POV-

"Lou Teasdale?!"

I hear the scream behind me and hesitate to turn around. I'm not in the mood to put on a happy face. He should be here by now. I wanted to stay in for the night, spending the evening locked away in my flat with Tom and Lux. But he begged me to go out with him tonight, he didn't want to be alone. I gave in and now I've been sitting here waiting for him for the past half hour. I slowly turn around, putting a smile on my face as I do so.

"It is you! Darling, it's been ages!"

I jump up from my chair, immediately recognizing my best mate from uni. I wrap my arms around her in a hug. "Freya Davies! It has been ages! You look stunning!"

"Me?! You look fit! All alright? Still busy busy busy? Living the glamorous life! On the road? Oh, how is your little girl!? Lux right? Last time I saw her she was still in napies!!" She finally stops to take a breath. I laugh, glad she hasn't changed. Her energy is catching and my mood has already gotten better.

"I'm doing wonderful! I've been home for a few months now, but we are about to leave for tour again soon. Not all that glamorous, but its good company. And yes it's Lux, she is getting along very well."

"Brilliant! I bought all my mates copies of your book! Of course I told them I taught you everything you know!" Freeya laughs and gives me a wink.

"I would expect no less! What have you been up to these past few years?"

"Oh darling, what haven't I been up to? I'm designing for Louboutin now. He's brilliant! Jets me all around the world, having me visit the strangest countries to give me inspiration! I love It! I just flew in from Dubai this morning. One of my best mates is singing here tonight. This is the first time I was able to come back in time for her performance! She is brilliant, you will adore her!"

"I'm sure I will."

"Well I really must go find my group, she'll be on any minute. I would love to properly catch up soon!"

"I would as well! My number is the same. Ring me later this week and we can make plans."

"Brilliant Darling! I'll ring you tomorrow." After a quick hug and a laugh she is gone, sweeping across the room, grabbing someone else in a hug.

Freya is the epitome of glamorous. And loud. And I miss her. We were so close in Uni. I would love to see her more. But only in small doses. Her energy is contagious until I feel completely knackered and can't get out of bed for days. I laugh to myself thinking of our Uni days.

I'm caught away in old memories till the seat beside me is taken. I look over and immediately my foul mood has returned.

"Loouuu, I'm sorry."

I sigh, making a point to do so loudly. "So what happened to 'No one likes someone who's tardy.'?"

"Come on Lou... Got a call from management. I had to take it. Sorry it made me so late. I should have texted you."

"You should have. I have a life too. I should be spending the evening with Tom and Lux." I huff, trying my best to sound angry. I know he can't handle anyone being mad at him.

And I was right. He looks completely defeated. Like a sad lost puppy. Maybe I should just forgive him, I know he would never purposefully intend to make me wait. But I am missing quality time with Lux this evening. So no, I'm going to hold my ground on this one.

He stays quiet for a minute, scratching the side of his nose.

Suddenly his eyes light up and the biggest grin comes across his face. "I know... Tell ya what, if you forgive me and stay for two drinks... I'll do anything you want."

"Really, anything?" I raise an eyebrow, I know exactly what I want from him. And the fans will love me for it.

"Yes anything!" He smiles, dimples in full display.

"Okay, I'll forgive you and stay for two drinks IF.... you let me cut your hair."

He slouches back into his chair and crosses his arms.

"Your fans would love it, just a few inches." I try to sound as convincing as possible.

"No way... Not the hair. Absolutely not." The dimples have vanished and his lips form a tight line.

"That's my only compromise."

"Anything else Lou. At least give me one other choice!"

He looks petrified now. I can't help but chuckle, an even better idea coming to mind.

"Okay, I'll give you one other choice. It's either cutting the hair or... no more tattoos for the whole tour." I smile, knowing victory is mine.

"Now that's just a load of shite!"

I can't help but laugh out loud now. I've been trying to get him to let me cut his hair for months now. And we both know I'm going to get what I want now.

He sighs, being overly loud. "Fine. You can TRIM my hair... but that's it. Just a trim."

"Good!" I smile over my victory.

"So you forgive me now?"

"Yes, you are forgiven."

Instantly the dimples are back, and he's across the table giving me a side hug. "Thanks Lou! You're so great Lou! You're the best Lou!"

"Okay, now get off of me and go get us some drinks!" I laugh.

I decide I should shoot Tom a quick text, letting him know when I'll be home. I press send and lock my phone right as he sits back down at the table.

"Drinks should be here any minute. I think the first act is about to go on. What are they laughing about?"

"Great, I heard she is really good. Who's laughing?"

"The people up by the sta..."

As his voice cuts off I see Freeya's friend walking across stage towards the piano. Shes beautiful, but she looks like she's gonna pass out any second. I feel so bad for her, I can see her hands shaking from here. She sits down on the bench and leans towards the microphone.

Her voice comes across very quiet. "I-I'm Ava McCain. I'm going to sing a s-song I wrote. It's called Everybody Hurts."

God I feel so bad for her, she is so nervous. I hope she makes it through.

She places her hands on the piano and you can immediately see her body relax. Her hands stop shaking and she actually gives a small smile. More to herself than the audience.

Music fills the room, her fingers moving effortlessly across the keys.

"Wow she is good. Isn't she brilliant?!"

I hear no answer.

Keeping my eyes on the stage, I raise my voice, figuring he didn't hear me. "I said isn't she brilliant?!"

Still no answer.

I look over and he is staring, like there's no one else even in the room. He is leaning forward in his chair, his elbows on his knees, literally captivated.

"Hey!" I yell even louder.

And still nothing, not even a glance my way. I try again, "Hello!? Are you listening to me?"

And still nothing.

I laugh and turn towards him. Leaning over, I wave my hand directly in front of his face, shouting...

"Harry Edward Styles have you gone mute!?"

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! It only takes a second and it would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)