{46} I HAVE INSECURITIES ABOUT MY DOG AND MY GIRL, BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE {46}

This chapter is dedicated to rsgreene18, who made me laugh about 17 times with their comments on last chapter haha!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an extremely tiring yet fun day at the waterpark, everyone was ready to head out.

"What's the plan, you guys?" I asked, tugging on my tee shirt. "Is anybody down to come over?"

Jason nodded. "Yeah, I'll come."

Luke glanced at Thalia. "Same with us."

Rachel frowned and Calypso shook her head. 

"I have to get straight home today," Rachel said.

"She's my ride, and my dad wants me back soon too," Caly agreed. "Sorry, Perce."

"That's okay," I said. I looked at Annabeth expectantly. "What about you?"

She rolled her eyes. "Of course I'm coming over, Seaweed Brain. I'd be over anyway."

I laughed. "True. Alright, why don't we just add Jason to our car group then?"

He shrugged. "Fine by me. Let's get going though."

Everybody gathered their stuff up and we hobbled across the park to the parking lot. Rachel and Caly ducked into a sleek black Mercedes G-Wagon, both with flushed cheeks. They seemed embarrassed about flaunting the Dares' wealth, and I understood. I wouldn't want to do that either.

Luke, Thalia, Jason, Annabeth, and I continued trekking to the back of the lot where we had left the truck. We loaded up the trunk and piled in. Thalia got shotgun once again, while Jason, Annabeth, and I squeezed into the backseat.

Luke took off. I rummaged through my drawstring bag and fished out my phone. I quickly texted my mom that four people were staying over for a bit. She answered immediately, saying that was fine but that we had company. I tucked my phone back away and looked over at Annabeth.

Her piercing grey eyes were shooting around the vehicle, taking in her surroundings. Her bare knee was bouncing every few seconds, and she was restlessly intertwining her fingers.

I reassuringly rested my hand on her leg. "You good?" I whispered.

She nodded, her blonde curls bouncing. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just...thinking."

I frowned, brushing my thumb over her leg. "Okay," I said after a small hesitation.

I certainly hoped that she wasn't hiding anything from me. What would she have to hide anyway?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The five of us paraded up the several flights of stairs leading to my apartment. I dug out my keys from my bag and unlocked the door. I swung it wide open and allowed everyone to file inside, before heading in myself.

"Hey, everybody," my mom greeted from the kitchen. "I was just finishing with dinner. I made homemade macaroni and cheese, I hope that that's okay."

"Sounds great, Sally," Annabeth said.

I was about to mention Jason to Mom, but my thoughts were interrupted by two people bickering in the living room.

"You always get the remote, B!" my youngest cousin, Nico, complained.

"Well, I want to watch my movie, not Pokémon," Bianca retorted back.

He rolled his eyes. "It isn't Pokémon."