{43} I'M JEALOUS OF MY GIRLFRIEND'S DAD {43}

Unedited hehe I'm lazy..feel free to point out any spelling and/or grammar mistakes!

Art by miavmore on instagram!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that waking up to fresh chocolate chip pancakes was the dream, but after waking up with Annabeth in my arms, I'm not so sure. Adding that with the warm breakfast and there's no competition.

I smiled as I nestled my face into Annabeth's hair. I could get used to this, I decided. She was spread across my body, arms wrapped around my waist. I lazily draped my arms over her back, fiddling with the ends of her ponytail.

A few minutes later, Annabeth rustled around. "Good morning," I said quietly,

She smiled at me, eyes drooping from exhaustion. "Morning, Seaweed Brain." She tried to sit up, but I tugged her closer to me. "Perce," she argued halfheartedly.

I grinned and squeezed her tightly. "Yes?" I asked playfully.

"What are you doing?"

"Hugging my girlfriend."

She rolled her eyes and pulled away from me. "I see that. The question is why you are so adamant about hugging said girlfriend."

I shrugged. "I like cuddling," I admitted sheepishly, "and I like you."

Annabeth smiled and brushed her lips against mine. "I like you too, Percy. Let's get up though, okay?"

I groaned. "Fine."

We got up and added some layers. Annabeth threw my hoodie over her head again and I tossed on a plain tee shirt. Then we walked down the hall holding hands.

"Hey there, cuties," Mom greeted teasingly. "How'd you two sleep?"

I rolled my eyes. "Great, Mom. Are those pancakes I see?"

She laughed. "Yes, they are. Have a seat, kiddos."

Annabeth and I sat at the table, side by side. "I haven't had your mom's pancakes in a while," she told me.

I dramatically gasped. "Oh, you're in for a treat."

She laughed. Mom came over and set down two plates with towering stacks of blue chocolate chip pancakes.

We both dug in. I laughed as a dribble of maple syrup made its way down Annabeth's face. I swiped my finger over it, making her blush.

That was one of the best mornings I had had in a long time, and boy did I enjoy it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 8-26-18

"Please, I know that you two love each other or whatever, but I'm trying to enjoy my ice cream. Could you keep the PDA to a minimum?"

I held back a blush at our fiery friend's comments. "You're just jealous, Rachel," I retorted.

She scoffed. "Of Annabeth?" she teased. "Please, I can't stand you, Fish Breath."

I gasped. "I do not have fish breath," I defended. "Ask Annabeth!"

Annabeth held up her hands. "Leave me out of this, Seaweed Brain."

I laughed.

Rachel, Grover, Juniper, Caly, Annabeth, and I were all spending the day at the park. We only had a few more days until school started again, so we were trying to make the most of it.