{!!!} BONUS CHAPTER V {!!!}

I'M SO AWFUL WE HIT 4K FOREVER AGO BUT I WAS REALLY BUSY I'M SORRYYYY!

This is a celebratory chapter for 4000 reads (AHHH) based before their Freshman year of high school (Annabeth is 14 and Percy is ALMOST there), around the start of August. THEY HAVENT KISSED YET if you remember the last bonus chap. It's based in Percy's POV.

Read on and enjoy :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I scowled at my reflection in the water. We were at a beach in Montauk, so you may be wondering why I was so upset. The beach was my happy place, wasn't it?

I was dressed in very uncomfortable attire: a pair of slacks, a baby blue button up, and a black blazer. I also had a tight black bow tie on, which definitely wasn't my style.

My mom was getting married, which totally wasn't the problem. I loved her and wanted her to be happy. The guy she was marrying also wasn't the problem. Paul was pretty cool. The only issue was the fact that I was at the beach and I couldn't go swimming.

I ran my hands through my hair and stood up. I already had about three pounds of sand in my shoes, so that definitely didn't help my sour mood.

I shuffled across the beach to the tents where the ceremony and reception were being held. Only a small amount of people were there, including my best friends' families, my cousins Bianca, Nico, and Thalia, and a few of Paul's close family members. In one tent my mom was being pampered by Thalia's mom and in the other Paul was being pepped up by his brother. I passed both tents and went into the largest of them all, where the actual marriage was taking place.

Beneath the white fabric, a few rows of chairs were lined up facing a small stage with a little podium and a wedding arch. I sat on the stage and rested my elbows on my fancily dressed knees.

I still was in shock that my mom was finally remarrying. My father had died when I was very young, but she was never married to him. When I was about eleven years old, she got together with this guy named Gabe. He was absolutely awful and ruined our lives, but had Mom convinced that we would be worse off without him. She had finally split up with him a little over a year before, thanks to some legal help from my good friend Annabeth's stepmom.

The main problem with Gabe, beside his immense gambling issues and drinking addiction, was that he would abuse both my mother and I. It had been just Mom up until I stood up for her, which transferred the target on my mom to my back. Even though he was gone, his effects still remained. I still had scars from his beatings, both physically and mentally.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I still worried that Paul was going to 180 and his nice guy personality was going to slip away. Even though he was nothing but loyal and sweet to Mom, I couldn't help but wonder....

Before I could slip to deep into my thoughts, I heard a familiar voice.

"Percy, your mom wants you to go see her," Annabeth told me.

I looked up, a little shocked at my best friend's attire. She was wearing a flowy light blue dress that was fitted at the top and flared out at her waist. Her usually messy blonde curls were pinned back and she even had a small flower decorating her hair.

"What did she want?" I asked wearily.

"She wanted to talk with you about something, but I'm not sure what." Annabeth frowned and plopped beside me on the stage. "Is something wrong?"

I shrugged. "I'm not really sure why, but I feel so nervous about all of this. I keep worrying that something is going to go wrong, or that Paul is going to leave Mom, or something like that. I can't help it, I guess."