Chapter 11

Snowpaw had been training as a StarClan apprentice for a few weeks now, learning herbs, how to hunt, and how to find shelter, plus some battle training. Silverwhisker and Stonecloud had been very supportive and taught her well.

            As much as she loved being trained by the cats, she really wanted to be in a clan of her own, though she doubted any clan would accept her since she had technically been raised as a rogue, not counting her five moons of being a BloodClan cat.

            Snowpaw still thought about BloodClan some days and wondered what her siblings were up to. She wondered what her mother was up to. Snowpaw still wasn't sure if her mother was dead or not and she still missed her and longed for her mother, though she knew her mother wouldn't come.

            Snowpaw padded into her small camp with a skinny rabbit in her mouth. Leaf-bare was a hard season, yet she was still able to feed herself and take care of herself.

            She sat down on the snowy forest floor, quickly indulging into the rabbit. She sniffed the air, scenting Silverwhisker.

            "Catch a rabbit, did you?" a voice came behind her.

            Snowpaw turned around, seeing the silver she-cat. "Yes, I did. Without your help!"

            "My, you are doing well," Silverwhisker laughed. "Catch me anything?"

            "You're a StarClan cat. You don't need anything," Snowpaw laughed. "Say, where's Stonecloud?"

            "Busy," Silverwhisker replied. "You and I are going to practice some battle moves today."

            "Cool," Snowpaw said, finishing up the rabbit.

            She padded off into the forest with Silverwhisker, ready to learn some moves. She had already learned a few already, though it wouldn't help her in battle.

            "We're going to practice pinning and knocking off, okay?" Silverwhisker asked.

            "Alright," Snowpaw said.

            "Pin me down," Silverwhisker said.

            Snowpaw leapt at the she-cat, landing in the snow as Silverwhisker moved under her quickly. Snowpaw spit out the snow in her mouth.

            "What?! Why did you move?!"

            "A cat will not let you pin him in battle, Snowpaw. You must be quick and fast. Now, try again," she said.

            Snowpaw nodded, leaping at the she-cat again and again and again, failing continuously. After being knocked in the snow again, Snowpaw groaned.

            "Can I just give up now?"

            "No cat gives up in battle," Silverwhisker said. "Now get up. Be fast, vigilant, alright?"

            Snowpaw nodded. Holding her gaze with Silverwhisker, she quickly leapt, expecting to land in the snow again. But no. This time she landed on fur.

            "I did it!" she screeched.

            She held Silverwhisker down, but Silverwhisker knocked her paws off.

            "What?!" Snowpaw screeched.

            "You didn't pin me down hard enough," Silverwhisker said. "But that was a definite improvement from before. Now try again."