Chapter 46

Snowfeather groaned as she awoke on the forest floor. The entire forest seemed to spin, and her body was sore. Once her vision became focused, she looked up, seeing she was in a forest. But it wasn't just any forest...

            "The FoxClan forest!" she gasped in excitement. She slowly stood up, shaking snow off her pelt. She had done it! She was home! Home at last! She didn't know where to go first. Would she go see Lionstripe? Maybe she'd head to camp.

            She began to pad through the woods, looking around for Lionstripe. How she longed to see his gentle face once again. She couldn't wait to tell him the news of her kits. He'd be so thrilled once she did so.

            She looked around, wondering where he was. Perhaps he was on patrol or back at camp. That's where she would head-camp. She was sure every cat was worried about her.

            She continued on her way, looking around. How she had missed this forest. She hoped she would never have to leave again.

            As she continued, she stopped, spotting a familiar ginger tail hanging from a tree. Lionstripe! She quickly ran to the bottom of the tree, excitement filling her.

            "Lionstripe!" she shouted.

            She watched as the tail stopped twitching and stood still. His green eyes suddenly gazed down onto hers, and his eyes widened. He rushed down the tree, excited.

            "Snowfeather! You're alright! What happened? I've been so worried," he told her, nuzzling her.

            "Oh, Lionstripe, I've missed you so much. Come on, we'll talk in the tree," she said, beginning to climb up the thin branches. Once they were on the branches, she began to explain.

            "I was trapped by a clan called WeedClan. They were insane, thinking I was their leader, and I possessed great powers," Snowfeather explained.

            "But you do possess great powers," Lionstripe pointed out.

            Normally, Snowfeather would laugh and smile at this, but she didn't. "No, not like that. They thought I had the power to revive an entire forest and turn a dying forest into a striving forest."

            "What insane cats," Lionstripe said.

            "They all possessed powers, Lionstripe. My 'deputy', Rabbitfur, has powers too, and he shot me in the side with his. It's still a bit sore."

            "How did you escape?" Lionstripe asked.

            "With my clever skills," Snowfeather joked.

            Lionstripe laughed. "Oh, Snowfeather, I've missed you so much. Please don't ever leave again."

            "I won't, I promise," she told him. "I love you," she purred.

            "I love you too," he told her.

            "By the way," she said, looking down at her paws. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you."

            "Oh, yeah? What's that?" he asked.

            Snowfeather opened her mouth to speak, only to be cut off by a shriek. "SNOWSTAR! SNOWSTAR, WHERE ARE YOU?!"

            Snowfeather froze, gazing at Lionstripe in fear.

            "I thought you said you escaped," Lionstripe whispered.