Chapter 1

"I want to rule BloodClan!" The yowl of her sister made Snowkit awake. Snowkit yawned, seeing her sister, Icekit, argue with her brother, Flightkit. The two seemed to fight a lot during their games while Snowkit preferred to stand to the side, watching.

            Snowkit was named after her mother, Snowfeather. Snowfeather was one of the kindest and sweetest cats Snowkit knew. Her mother was kind, caring, and loving. She was different than every other BloodClan cat. Most of the BloodClan cats were fierce, but her mother had softer heart.

            As for Snowkit's siblings, they acted more like her father, Whiteclaw. Whiteclaw was the deputy of BloodClan. To be deputy, you had to kill several cats and make your clanmates scared of you. Whiteclaw would be leader very soon since Shadowstar was on his last life.

            "No, I want to rule BloodClan!" Flightkit hissed, his white pelt standing out in the darkened den. Flightkit looked up, his green eyes flashing at Icekit's blue eyes.

            Snowkit gasped as a flash of white came by. Icekit had pinned Flightkit to the ground and had begun to yowl at her brother.

            Snowkit began to feel cold again when her mother stood up. "Flightkit, Icekit," Snowfeather snapped. "None of you can rule BloodClan in your game. Pick different names."

            "But," Flightkit whined.

            Snowfeather shook her head. She padded back to the nest, keeping Snowkit warm again. Snowfeather turned to Snowkit, her blue eyes staring deep into Snowkit's blue eyes. "Why don't you play with your siblings?"

            "I don't feel like it," Snowkit said. It was that, but she also felt like she didn't deserve to play with them. They were tough cats. Surely they would win any game she played with them. They would grow up to be big, strong leaders while Snowkit, the runt of the litter, would most likely be downsized to a nursery queen like her mother.

            Snowkit looked up at her mother. "How did you react when you were forced to stay a nursery queen all your life until you became an elder?"

            Snowfeather looked at Snowkit. "Well, I wasn't too happy about it. I thought it was an unfair punishment. But, I knew that if I reacted too much, I would be exiled. BloodClan really didn't need me."

            "But you're a great warrior!" Snowkit said. "I heard Daddy tell Icekit and Flightkit all about when you two were apprentices. He said you were the best!"

            "For my final assessment, I was supposed to kill a rogue that had ended up on our territory. I wouldn't do it. I couldn't do it. No cat deserves to die like that. So, Whiteclaw killed it instead," Snowfeather said.

            Snowkit sighed. Her clan was bloodthirsty, always looking for a fight. Snowkit wanted to be just like her mother when she grew up. Snowkit wouldn't kill a cat...ever. She wasn't like her father and siblings. She barely even felt like they were family. The only cat she truly loved and adored was her mother. The rest of her family were strangers to her.

            Snowkit's ears pricked as her father walked into the den. "Where are my lovely kits?!" he yowled.

            Icekit and Flightkit bursted to their father who also had the same pelt color as them. "Here we are, Daddy!"

            "There are my kits! How old are you today?" he asked. Snowkit sighed. Her father hadn't even noticed her. Sometimes it felt like she wasn't even his kit.

            "Three moons!" Flightkit yowled.

            "Hey, I was going to say that," Icekit growled, pushing her brother over.