Chapter 38

Snowfeather awoke in the morning to find little snowflakes dancing in the sky. She turned to her wound, seeing it looked much better than the day before. Mistyfall stood by her side.

            "Good morning," she purred.

            "Good morning," Snowfeather spoke. "Have you seen Lionstripe?"

            Mistyfall nodded. "He came in last night to check on you. He stayed with you for awhile and whispered to you, not that you probably remember it."

            Snowfeather nodded, having no recollection of Lionstripe's visit.

            "I was actually just about to go get him now that you've awoken," Mistyfall told her. "Would that be alright?"

            Snowfeather nodded. "That would be fine, thank you."

            Mistyfall exited the den, leaving Snowfeather alone. Being trapped in this den reminded Snowfeather of BloodClan when she was forced to remain in the nursery while her siblings got to explore with her father.

            Hearing the sound of footsteps, she lifted her head, seeing Lionstripe pad in. "You're awake," he told her.

            Snowfeather nodded. "You don't look much awake," she said, seeing his red, swollen eyes.

            "I didn't get much sleep last night," he told her, sitting down next to her. "I was a bit too worried about you."

            "Well, you needn't worry anymore," Mistyfall told him. "Her wound is healing. She can probably walk around by now. Try getting up, Snowfeather."

            Snowfeather nodded. She pushed on her back legs, standing up pain-free. She smiled, remembering how standing up before had resulted in a sharp pain.

            "I feel great," Snowfeather admitted.

            Mistyfall smiled. "I hear Sunstar wants to announce your arrival to the clan. You two should probably head to her den. It's the next den over," Mistyfall told them.

            "Thanks," Lionstripe dipped his head, exiting out of the den with Snowfeather.

            "I didn't realize you visited me last night," Snowfeather admitted.

            "Who told you?"

            "Mistyfall," Snowfeather smiled.

            "I was worried about you," Lionstripe admitted. "I was afraid you were going to..." His voice trailed off, and Snowfeather realized what he was going to say.

            "I'm fine, Lionstripe, honestly. I could probably transport if I wanted to. Not that I will. It'd be odd showing my powers in the new clan," Snowfeather told him.

            Lionstripe nodded, stopping in front of Sunstar's den. He peeked his head through. "Sunstar?" he asked.

            The older ginger she-cat turned, her green eyes staring at both of them. "Come in, come in!" she announced, allowing the two to come in.

            "Welcome, Snowfeather," she said. "It's good to meet you. We've met already, Lionstripe."

            Lionstripe nodded. "Sunstar has offered to take us around to tour."

            "I'd love that," Snowfeather smiled.

            "First, we need to show you to the clan," Sunstar told her. "Follow me," she said, leading them to a large rock in their clan. It reminded Snowfeather of MoonClan, and the rock she once stood on as she was being presented.