The Princess and the Frog

Chapter Sixteen

It’s been two weeks, five days and exactly forty five minutes since the last time I’ve spoken to Noah White. I found Aiden and told him the news at the end of the day just as promised and we’ve been practically inseparable ever sense. Aiden drove me to and from school now, but I’ve still been coming up with excuses for him to not come into my apartment until I could convince Becky to curb her hoarder-ish ways. I decided that before Christmas would we sweep the apartment and keep only the essentials while putting the rest in storage. I’ve been in Aiden’s house though, the day we became an official couple. His house is big and white and covered with plenty of sparkling windows and sleek appliances.

   “Hey, baby,” Aiden spoke from behind before wrapping his arms around my waist and tugging me into his chest. He tilted my chin up and placed a quick kiss on my lips in greeting before burying his head in my curls.

    I turned his arms so I was facing him and his hands rested on my jean clad hips. I placed my hands on his chest and craned my neck to peer up at him. “Hi,” I murmured shyly.

    He smiled and slipped his hands up slightly so they rested under the skin of my somewhat short t-shirt. He traced soft circles and I felt my body shift at the feel.

    I giggled. “That tickles.”

    He chuckled softly and dipped his head to kiss my slightly flushed cheek. “You look beautiful today.”

    Aiden tends to be more touchy feely than I’m used to.

    Brittany Shaw had taken me on a shopping after giving me a slightly pitying speech on how ‘atrocious’ my clothes were. I had the slightly humiliating conversation with her when we got to what I like to call the ‘rich folk mall’ about how I couldn’t afford any clothes that wasn’t from Wal-Mart or some other cheap department store. She then waved a manicured hand and told me this shopping trip could be a Christmas gift from her. I was mortified and refused to even look at anything so then she took it in her own hands to pick out stuff for myself and proceeded to threaten me if I didn’t wear them. So, I had a completely new and absolutely adorable, high end wardrobe.

     I smiled. “I think you mentioned that this morning, you know, when you picked me up.”

     “How can I resist complimenting constantly when I have a beautiful girlfriend?”

    Oh, and he loves to mention that I’m his girlfriend as many times as possible, like I’m going to forget.

     I rolled my eyes and moved away from him, grabbing his hand. “C’mon, I want to get something to eat.”

    Aiden let me drag him away and we walked side by side. A lot of things had changed in the last few weeks, my social status being one of them. Aiden and I’s relationship has become the buzz of the school. Thanks to being Aiden’s girlfriend and Brittany Shaw and me being the new Batman and Robin Hood I was now considered one of them, one of the Crew. I ate lunch at their table and attended there parties every weekend. I went on group outings and all the sports events. I never did get around to patching things up with Cherry and now when we pass in the halls she just scowls and sends me her special finger. I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt. The only bad part of being a part of said Crew is that Noah White is also a part of it. Only he got in by his good looks and natural personality, I however, had to sleep my way to the top (figuratively speaking, I haven’t actually slept with Aiden, not that he doesn’t try.)

    I haven’t spoken with Noah and I’ve avoided him like the plaque. He says he wants nothing to do with me and I’m absolutely fine with it (I just cry on the inside like a winner.) I moved to the back in English and refuse to contact him out of school. I’ve hidden the mug he gave me at the very back of my cupboard and threw some dishcloths over it. I refuse to watch anything Disney related or listen to any Disney type music and I burst out crying at a Peter Pan toy I found in Wal-Mart. I can’t even look at dancing anymore because it reminds me of Newsies and that reminds me of Noah.